RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 06-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Green Horn

cummingsman29 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down RC4WD WTF

so on june 14th i talked to mandy set everything up next morning send a bank transfer for a excavator and fluid, email after email nothing but the run around it was never ordered and there is no payment there. Are you fucking serious my bank says it was sent to them. What is with this company? Cant talk to anyone every email i ask questions and they do not even answer what i ask.i asked about a lowboy and they want a bank transfer for that as well hahaha. I really hope this thing shows up.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:19 PM

weemanch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD WTF

well thats good/bad glad i didn't end up ordering one yet like i wanted to, but sucks that they keep giving you the run around about some bullshit then.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:35 PM

Doggy is on a distinguished road

Ahhh, last year I had the problem with RCWD seller in Austria. Ordered tires for my high lift, and ordered rubber tracks as I had idea to make 1/10 rubber tracked small excavator. Tracks were not on stock, and it said it will be in 1 week. 3 weeks later, it still said 1 week. 1 month later, I was sending emails to the store in Austria, no response after 1 week and 5 emails. Then I had to make clame on paypal to get the answer from them. And guess what, they answer and ask me where is the problem?? I payed extra for fast 5 days shipping, and 1.5 months later they ask me where is the problem. And then the say they dont have the tracks I want, and if I want other model I need to send them more money for the difference. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, and after 2 months I wait, they still didnt see where the problem is with me waiting 2 months for something I payed and needed in 5 days.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:32 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

I ordered one from my local hobby store and they had a he'll of a time all emails no phone calls even when setting up a account with rc4wd to sell there products. After sending money 10 days latter got a email saying they got the money and will take 5-10 days to process then will ship it. I hope you get your excavator I honestly think it will be worth the run around. But as for rc4wd it's real Bulls hit that they operate like this. Op hope you get a email soon
Old 06-25-2016, 05:51 PM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road

You can order Eagle Machinery straight form them on aliexpress. Seems like that might be the better route.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

I. Ordered tires through rc4wd eBay site -8 pairs. Which was 8 units - them selling a pair each. Well figured they would ship as one and the cost would be more than 1 pair - right. I even tagged a message within the purchase on eBay.

Well 85 dollars shipping later for a single box USPS, I claimed wrong part in eBay and returned them.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

I must be living right!! Never had a problem with RC4WD. Ordered my excavator from them after trading emails with them as the website said out of stock but they said to send bank transfer and I would get machine. Well 6 days later a large box shows up with excavator in it. Box and excavator were both in great shape and no problems with the excavator yet. This was just before they dropped the price of the excavator but it had a $500 discount so I did not have to pay full price for it. I have since ordered more parts and vehicles from RC4WD with no problems.

Not sure what you guys are doing to cause the mix-ups????????
Old 06-25-2016, 10:35 PM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road

I had no problems with the money transfer. I was completely on top of it though as you have no protection. I literally emailed them a question about the transfer info/addy then 2 hours later let them know I sent the transfer. I got an email a day or so later telling me they received payment. I did have to wait around 4-5 weeks for delivery as they are coming on the slow boat from China, NOT their CA outpost. Also had to dish out an extra $100 for import taxes from own pocket to DHL to allow delivery once it was on u.s. soil which rc4wd reimbursed me. For sure they are just distributing and know nothing of the machine. In hind site I would of ordered directly from Tang at Eagle Machinery on alibaba. It is a great machine for the price point, just have to remember it's an entry level item in this hobby and RC4WD is just slinging these things around. Hope yours show up and in working order, they are fun as **** to mess with.

Last edited by TheBennyB; 06-25-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Green Horn

Well after blowing up there email system they have told me I will have a tracking number Wednesday,my hobby shop that is a dealer for them did not want to order it for me on the start because on the whole email and bank transfer but they don't want me to tell anyone that! Hahaha I will keep you updated I'm still looking for a lowboy don't think I'll be dealing with them again.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:43 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

Any update on your 4200?
Old 06-29-2016, 04:23 PM

elvis65 is on a distinguished road

I stopped buying from rc4wd nearly 2 years ago. never spent any money with them since and won't ever again after the bad service I got. you live and learn.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:54 AM
Green Horn

Update, they called me! I'm being told the factory was on vacation and I will have a tracking number today, we will see
Old 06-30-2016, 11:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

next it will be chinese new year and two more weeks!! that happened with the
china kat. i hate drop ship places like this best of luck it is a cool excavator
Old 07-01-2016, 02:41 PM

JDToumanian is on a distinguished road

I hear a lot of stories about poor service from RC4WD, but none about being ripped off... I know it's hard when you transfer a lot of money and want instant gratification, but try to be patient.

I ordered my excavator June 12th, got a confirmation email the next day, and another email the day after that saying my payment had been received. Friday June 17th I was notified it had shipped, and it arrived 3 days later on Monday the 20th.

A few days after I ordered my excavator, (around the time you ordered yours) I noticed that RC4WD's 4200XL page changed from 'ships in 1-2 days' to 'ships in 1-2 weeks'.... That is a factory delay, not an RC4WD delay. So maybe your order is actually on schedule with this new delivery estimate?

Jon
Old 07-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Green Horn

Angry Re: RC4WD WTF

so update I finally got it in a cardboard box main arm to boom bolts broken off! Pissed easy fix but should not have to spending that much in shipping. Next problem left side track moves about 1/8 of a inch and that's it! More broken parts! At this point I have fired off about 10 email to rc4wd it's cool looking kinda quite with pump on rest of it works great and that's about it! I will never do any business with that company again this whole experience has just got my nuts twisted! A place that does not have a phone numbe to call for help and you have to depend on email is just not good!
Old 07-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about the broken parts, that is always a bummer. Not having a phone number to reach somebody is defiantly a challenge. As for the shipping time I think 2 weeks is great (China to US), ordering from Scale Art and others in Europe can take a month or better.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:25 AM
Green Horn

Panther F is on a distinguished road

I know first hand these RC items we buy are very expensive, so it really BLOWS that this happens.

Companies can literally change overnight and so can their reputation.

Hope there's a resolution to this mess.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2017, 08:27 AM
Green Horn

lenny is on a distinguished road

I must say this is all good info for someone trying to purchase a 4200xl, the whole transfer thing has me nervous. I'm betting if they went paypal there sales may increase. Just the thought of being out over 4k with nothing to show....ouch

Last edited by lenny; 01-03-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:33 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny View Post
I must say this is all good info for someone trying to purchase a 4200xl, the whole transfer thing has me nervous. I'm betting if they went paypal there sales may increase. Just the thought of being out over 4k with nothing to show....ouch
Don't worry, they are professional. Just make sure to push in the correct numbers. As a dealer overseas I purchase from them often. One often chose to take bank transfer one such larger amount because of the fees Paypal, Visa etc charges the seller.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:44 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

rc4wd is the a bad company i got the loader from them and had nothing but problems with it and them they suck it took over 200 emails and still ended up with crap product next time i will get stuff from anyone else but them even if i have to pay double also do not trust they guy that is on the youtube gold he is in rc4wd payroll so his reviews are all bought and paid for lol he is an idiot and full of bs