RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Carson Goldhofer Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serviceguyuk View Post
Great work. I share your annoyance about manual ramps and was wondering how to get over it.

Now I know . . . . .

I would say about your step up module that all electronics are twitchy about over-voltages and equally under-voltages although the former is most likely to fry your unit when you first fire it up. Maybe as it's only for the ramps without any real load consider a continuous servo with micro limit switches rather than your excellent gearbox idea. Might be cheaper too as it's all stock parts for just a few bucks

Just a thought and trying to help . . . . .

BTW how do I get a job like yours ? ? ? ? ? ?
Thanks for the post, this project kind of got put on hold for now, but it was working fine. The biggest issue I was running into was the lines that fold the ramps.

The stock ones got worn out so I had to hunt down some new lines that did not stretch. Once I did that I was working out the lengths and adjustments to get the ramp-ends to fold again. I was making some good progress.

As far as the gearbox and electronics, everything was working well for me.

I will update this thread when I resume the project.

As far as getting a job like mine, 1st you would need to be in the USA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.