RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2019, 07:54 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by arf1201 View Post
Joe were down to one day of shelling corn and 3-4 of beans, so far we have mudded about 2/3 of our fields and barely completed 1/4 of fall tillage. Definitely been a different year, not often you can't get across the field with a combine with 6 30 inch tires.
Sorry bud, I didn't notice this till now... where you at? I saw on facebook some guys finishing 1st week of January, I assume South Dakota

The prairies finally got some decent 20-25C sunshine about the last 10 days of October. I did my last 2hrs of combining on the 25th of Oct, surprisingly the snow didn't flatten it & the quality was still #2. I had just enough time to get my combine cleaned, serviced, put away; did a couple days of discing; loaded out 6 B's of pre-contracted durum, sold & shipped a carload of brown flax, everything put away in storage on Oct 30th.

It was 20C on Oct 30th, changed to -8C by 7pm Oct 31st

It's been quite a mild winter till just this past week has been -25C with -40 windchill... Friday is suppose to be +7

A couple posts back showing my pounder at the pasture, last winter was mild till late January, then it turned -20's -30's & we got bombed with quite a bit of snow. I never got that bog fenced last winter... I tried to string wire that December but out towards the middle it hadn't quite froze yet & I sunk 850 Polaris quad, had a **** of time getting that out! completely destroyed the double strand barb I had strung out, twisting loops in the wire to pull from with the winch...

Renter put cows in June 1st, cows found the hole in the fence a month later...

Checked the bog last week, walked it 1st tamping with a crowbar, then drove my quad back & forth a few times... it's good to go Friday afternoon's job, string 3 strands.

Next hurdle will be trying to pound posts into frozen ground ... I'm thinking of using a piece of 2 7/8 drill stem, put a point on it, use the pounder to punch a hole, then with a chain hook on the pounder head & links welded on drill stem, pull it out & pound a skinny 3-4 inch wooden post in... probably 40-50 posts.

Good times

Joe