RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Volvo EC300D

Hey Reg, it's definately faster Are you running any kind of oil or grease in the planetary gear box???

Congrat's on the new mill
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I do have grease in the planetary but the original one had a plastic ring gear and the torque of the motor started twisting the teeth right off of it where the first set of steel planet gears made contact. The new set-up is all steel and has a bearing in it too instead of a bushing so hopefully that will help with wear and friction. It's a little too fast but at least I can dial it back a bit now.

The breakdown was a good excuse to use the mill though...

Reg
Old 05-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Good video-It does seem to be faster now. I wish I had a load of dirt like that for my shovel but if I put a dirt pile like that in my back yard I probably would be looking at a-d-i-v-o-r-c-e Nice mill too!!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:50 PM

Madda is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh ****, I like it! Now it moves like a champ! Good job on that!
All the hydraulics were made by you?

That new mill looks massive, BF30? It seems that it has got DRO installed already. Any plans on converting to cnc?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:27 PM

RCKiwi is on a distinguished road

You be sure to post some pic's of your first projects off that sweet mill

Agreed will above, speed looks very good.

My local supply shop has some of the black hose similar to that used on your machine and I see yours too has green writing on it. The guys at the shop couldn't tell me the bursting pressure of it and didnt seem to motivated to hit the books.
Can you please let me know what's written on the black hose? I'd like to check to make sure its the same stuff.

Glenn
Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madda View Post
Oh ****, I like it! Now it moves like a champ! Good job on that!
All the hydraulics were made by you?

That new mill looks massive, BF30? It seems that it has got DRO installed already. Any plans on converting to cnc?
Yes it is a BF30 with a sino DRO. There aren't any plans for CNC just yet as the mill set me back enough already but maybe in the future. I was going to buy a smaller mill and do the conversion right away but I think this mill will serve my other interests better because of its size.

All the hydraulics except for the pump were made by my father inlaw. We did sketches together of what I needed and he put it into reality for me. He actually made me a couple of pumps too but they didn't make as much pressure as I wanted so I bought the Jung and made my own drive for it. Now that I have this mill I hope to do this type of stuff myself but I need some(a lot) practice first!

Thanks Reg
Old 05-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKiwi View Post
You be sure to post some pic's of your first projects off that sweet mill

Agreed will above, speed looks very good.

My local supply shop has some of the black hose similar to that used on your machine and I see yours too has green writing on it. The guys at the shop couldn't tell me the bursting pressure of it and didnt seem to motivated to hit the books.
Can you please let me know what's written on the black hose? I'd like to check to make sure its the same stuff.

Glenn
The hose I'm using is Eaton synflex eclipse air brake line. I looked it up online and I think the bursting pressure was 1200psi, working pressure 300psi. When I first got the pump turning in the Volvo I had it hooked directly to the boom cylinders and dead headed them by mistake. One of my push to connect fittings blew apart(one of two that I waited three weeks to get) but the hose was fine so I think it is OK stuff. I'm currently running at 30 bar+/- and haven't had issues yet...

I haven't really made much with the mill yet but I have drilled and tapped a couple of holes with it. It's nice to tap something right in the machine and have it straight for once!

Reg
Old 05-15-2012, 12:55 PM

Madda is an unknown quantity at this point

What type of hydraulic valve did you use/make?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's a rotary valve. If you look back a ways there are pictures of the one I made myself and then the final one my father inlaw made that we ended up using. It's time consuming to make them but quite possible if you have a mill and a lathe.

Reg
Old 05-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

I really enjoyed watching your "IN CAB" video. Made me think I was in a 1:1 I also like the small stress cracks on your windshield. If only I could have turned the wiper on when it stated raining.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
I really enjoyed watching your "IN CAB" video. Made me think I was in a 1:1 I also like the small stress cracks on your windshield. If only I could have turned the wiper on when it stated raining.
Thanks very much! I was so mad when the windshield cracked. It took three tries to heat and bend without cracking it. The day that I did the "in cab" shot I thought I should clean the window and when I did it cracked again! I used plexy glass from a poster frame but it is really brittle so I guess I should get some lexan and try again.

Reg
Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Green Horn

Vanisle is on a distinguished road

Wow, that works better. Glad you got the pump speed / volume figured out. Nice looking mill. I have been away and had to go see if my BF30 was still where it was supposed to be. You will love the bigger mill with a DRO. There should be no limit to what you can build now.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanisle View Post
Wow, that works better. Glad you got the pump speed / volume figured out. Nice looking mill. I have been away and had to go see if my BF30 was still where it was supposed to be. You will love the bigger mill with a DRO. There should be no limit to what you can build now.
HAHA... Your wife wouldn't sell it to me...

I think it will be good for my needs for sure. I would have liked to go the CNC route but I guess I can do that later and in the mean time I have a decent manual machine. The DRO is not as nice as yours Richard but it still does plenty of stuff and the whole package was a pretty good deal so I'm happy. You were right about the guys in Van... Very good to deal with and made the whole buying experience enjoyable(no pressure). I think "the wife to be" even had a good time.

Reg
Old 05-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I had a little time to play yesterday so I decided to take the 300 and the Euclid out and fill a hole in our lawn. It was pretty fun! I wish there was someone nearby to join in though because it gets boring by myself!

....someone should have checked the air pressure in the Euc's tires...

http://youtu.be/NUbQ7bzsER0 http://youtu.be/wKFfceeIh8I http://youtu.be/MWIi1y4Af_E

Reg
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 AM

izzzul is on a distinguished road

amazing...!!! looks so close to a real excav...your move is somewhat so perfect...so smooth and i'm yet to master this.... congrate to you for such a wonderful build, thx for sharing.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

looks like you could've used the mack too pretty cool Reg . I just cringe everytime I see someone side boom with an excavator , It puts a lot of stress on the dipper pin and boom yoke . My brother and dad did that for years on our 26,000# yutani , got to the point we couldn't keep the pin in . had to have spare bolts for evreytime the stay bolt broke .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
looks like you could've used the mack too pretty cool Reg . I just cringe everytime I see someone side boom with an excavator , It puts a lot of stress on the dipper pin and boom yoke . My brother and dad did that for years on our 26,000# yutani , got to the point we couldn't keep the pin in . had to have spare bolts for evreytime the stay bolt broke .
Could have used you and your Mack for sure Steve! That Cat loader would dig into that pile pretty nicely too I think It would be interesting to see how long it would take to move a chunk of that pile if a bunch of us were together. It would probably go away pretty quick if battery life wasn't an issue. I just wish it was closer to my shop. I spend more time moving the stuff than I do playing.

Reg
Old 05-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

I have been out of the loop for a time Reg, ( that work thing getting in the way )

WOW ! you have got it in high gear now ! GREAT model building skill, you have hit the big legue now with those builds and scratching all but the pump..
Very cool...
Great videos'
Greg
Old 05-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
I have been out of the loop for a time Reg, ( that work thing getting in the way )

WOW ! you have got it in high gear now ! GREAT model building skill, you have hit the big legue now with those builds and scratching all but the pump..
Very cool...
Great videos'
Greg
Thanks Greg, although you know I can't take any credit for the hydro's I do appreciate the compliment. I hope to make all the stuff myself next time around so we'll see how that turns out...
Old 05-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I made a couple new vids today... and tried some different camera mounts. http://youtu.be/5mpcgUn0xAg http://youtu.be/SPUx7e3zrwY ...I like the second one.

Thanks for lookin! Reg