RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 06-15-2019, 12:35 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Hey Joe
Looks like you got her done on you tube gold. Your departure was priceless, I think I wet myself. LOL
cheers
greg
Old 08-04-2019, 05:23 AM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe,

I know you've changed pumps on your 450 but can you tell me how you've set your TX up?
I'm a little unsure about pump speeds and what my mixes should be set too?

Thanks Calum
Old 08-05-2019, 03:11 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Yeah, I went the next size smaller Jung pump (4002#, 0.30ml/revolution) & I have my brushless motor set to 6500rpm (max rpm is 9000), math works out to about 450ml/minute, right where I like it.

Excavator controls are ISO: boom/swing left stick & stick/bucket right stick

My pump is on Gear switch, when I turn it on motor speed is about 30%. Channel mixing speeds it up to 100%. You can't have these rather large brushless motors start/stop from 0% b/c it takes a small amount amp stall every time & heats up the esc. European & American electronics have thermal protection built into their esc's, when esc overheats, esc will stop working till it cools down, then it works again. Chinese electronics don't have these fail safes, when they overheat their either burnout & don't work again or worse, catch on fire! ALWAYS HAVE YOUR HYDRAULIC PUMP RUNNING WHEN OPERATING HYDRAULIC SYSTEM NON STOP

Channel mixing is virtually the same with every radio system, 1st channel entry is MASTER (valve), 2nd entry is SLAVE (pump), then get your + - 100 values in the correct order so your hydraulic pump spins in the correct direction... that's all there is to it.

I play around with dual rates & expotential/offsets on hydra valves & swing to vary digging speeds for fast or slow, but it's not necessary for basic operation.

Joe
Old 08-05-2019, 03:31 PM
BANNED

On a different note, I haven't posted anything new the last couple months b/c I got busy middle June with crop spraying & when I was nearly finished I had an accident on the farm July 2, cracked my right heel, a slip & fall from about 4 meters. A check up with the doctor last week revealed that my heel hadn't healed any, but rather spread open a wee bit. Gonna be in a cast for another 2 months for sure... getting around on crutches ok. Last week found a place in town that rents out wheelchairs for $2/day, at least now I can spend a few hrs in the shop a day tinkering on projects, but the quarry aint crutch/wheelchair friendly, no rc fun till probably halloween

No matter what, I'm gonna have to get in a combine next month to start my harvest, profit margins are just too tight last couple yrs to consider it custom done. I have the same helper as last yr coming again so that's some relief to get 'er done.

Joe
Old 08-05-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Yeah, I went the next size smaller Jung pump (4002#, 0.30ml/revolution) & I have my brushless motor set to 6500rpm (max rpm is 9000), math works out to about 450ml/minute, right where I like it.

Excavator controls are ISO: boom/swing left stick & stick/bucket right stick

My pump is on Gear switch, when I turn it on motor speed is about 30%. Channel mixing speeds it up to 100%. You can't have these rather large brushless motors start/stop from 0% b/c it takes a small amount amp stall every time & heats up the esc. European & American electronics have thermal protection built into their esc's, when esc overheats, esc will stop working till it cools down, then it works again. Chinese electronics don't have these fail safes, when they overheat their either burnout & don't work again or worse, catch on fire! ALWAYS HAVE YOUR HYDRAULIC PUMP RUNNING WHEN OPERATING HYDRAULIC SYSTEM NON STOP

Channel mixing is virtually the same with every radio system, 1st channel entry is MASTER (valve), 2nd entry is SLAVE (pump), then get your + - 100 values in the correct order so your hydraulic pump spins in the correct direction... that's all there is to it.

I play around with dual rates & expotential/offsets on hydra valves & swing to vary digging speeds for fast or slow, but it's not necessary for basic operation.
Thank you Joe, I was unsure if I should have the pump at 100% speed or not. I have my mixes setup already, which seem to work proportionally with stick inputs.

can you explain what you mean by - 1st channel entry is MASTER (valve), 2nd entry is SLAVE (pump)

Sorry to hear about your leg, did think you were a little quiet...
Old 08-05-2019, 05:41 PM
BANNED

That's how it reads in the radio instruction book... you have your mixes figured out already, I won't confuse you with English terminology

Joe
Old 08-06-2019, 12:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Wow, that's a good fall, glad it wasn't worse!
Why does a 'wheelchair rental' place sound like they'd send someone over to dump you out onto the ground if you missed a payment?

Then he goes fpv and starts sending equipment down there to make the mine ramp ADA compliant...
Old 08-06-2019, 04:44 PM
BANNED

I didn't get time to set up my fpv setup... sure would be handy now... though with my luck the battery would die when the trk or equipment was out of my reach

I'd like to keep the wheelchair, reasonably comfortable & quick to move about the shop. I wonder what they cost?

Joe
Old 08-07-2019, 07:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Hope you heal up properly and get ready for the harvest.

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:36 AM
BANNED

Me too Emil, thank you

My helper has been working at a few things this week to ready for harvest... give him a list of jobs & leave him to it...

Joe
Old 08-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road

A quick Google search puts the cost of a wheelchair at $100-$200 so the question of buying one will probably come down to flipping a coin.

You just be damned careful getting in and out of that combine, falling on that heel again will NOT do it any good.

Don
Old 08-08-2019, 06:05 PM
BANNED

New aluminum crutches were dirt cheap, maybe a wheelchair is too, thanks for the insight... I have very good handrails to get up & into combine cab and I'm going to strap on a knee pad too. I've got a heated seat, I've always used it all day on low, does wonders to keep from cramping up. I've built up a lot of strength in my arms & left leg the last month, lost more than 15lbs too which is good.

Joe
Old 08-10-2019, 07:47 PM
BANNED

A cooler Saturday afternoon, no wind, got some stick time on the gravel pile... used my Ranger to scoot me back & forth from the dig site to dump site ...I was wanting to move this entire gravel pile from the middle of my yard, there was about 15cy sitting here, many evenings of entertainment late May to mid June... it was great to have a dig job outside.

Joe
Old 08-12-2019, 10:19 AM

rookie101 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your heel Joe, was wondering where you'd been. Hope it heals quick for you and glad you managed to get in some digging time in the yard.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:41 PM
BANNED

Thank you Aaron, I hope for a speedy recovery too... do another X-ray on August 27th to see if there is any healing yet...

Joe
Old 08-13-2019, 08:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Hello Joe sorry to hear about your accident they always come at the wrong time hope you get well soon. Ed
Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 PM
BANNED

Thank you Ed

Joe
Old 08-15-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
That's how it reads in the radio instruction book... you have your mixes figured out already, I won't confuse you with English terminology
Thanks got it set up a lot better, pump going 100% is a little too much for smoothness. Got it turned down and some expo added in

Calum
Old 09-03-2019, 03:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Joe, sorry to hear about your injury. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Get well soon.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:39 AM
BANNED

Thanx Tony... my foot is still in a cast, go to doctor on Monday for check up & hopefully cast taken off, virtually zero pain the last month & I can put some weight on it.

Still not done harvest & it's been been wintery cold & snow here last two weeks, so I guess I'll be finishing my last 5% in the Spring... first time that has ever happened... brutal fall weather, very few in my area have completely finished & most of those who did are freezing high moisture grain & hoping it don't go bad before warmer spring temperatures... overall though, a very good year, lots of bushels, majority of it great quality & prices are on the rise.

Doing some tinkering the shop... got some new treads from an Australian on Facebook, tracks that were meant for the Eagle Mach dozer, I got them mounted on my Izzybilt dozer.

My good friend Lou on the Island cut me a new set of sprockets on his cnc mill, getting the pitch dialed in perfect... I couldn't bolt the hubs on b/c hub diameter too big to let the sprockets sink into track link deep enough.

I didn't have any 1,5 inch aluminum shaft, so I made new hubs from steel & glued them to the aluminum sprockets, same glue I use on the Tobias Braeker buckets, I'll see how long that lasts, I don't get to the city very often.

A little narrower track than the original, but taller grouser bar. Fit good!

Big pile of fines that I didn't get hauled out this summer ...gonna be enormous pile by next spring

Joe