RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:54 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Graupner Radios, Hand held and Tray

Why not just buy the radio of your choice or use one of your old radios and then buy one of the many attachable trays and the harness as both come in different styles ??????????
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=e...ih=467#imgrc=_

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:47 AM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road

Cossett, thank you for the response. Yes this could be an option, but I only have 6 channels currently with no expansion and some issues with the radios based on their age and usage. I also, use the same radios for my tanks, so I'm looking to have separation of the two somewhat different hobbies. Hence the reason for considering new radios, with the option of expansion packs, more channels, and more programming options.

Thank you for the idea though, I did look at the link, it even had a couple of the radios shown that I have been looking at.

Again, thank you for the time, thoughts, and consideration.

Regards,

Jim
Old 11-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Jim, From running RC tanks, trucks and construction equipment, I would go with the Spektrum radios. While not a tray style radio, you cannot beat the price for what you get with the Spektrum versus the other brands. Yes, they do make a harness for the tray radios but most guys set down to run there equipment while using a tray radio with the radio on their lap. Trucks and tanks are about the only vehicles we run while standing. The construction equipment is used in a more confined space which means you can set and use it. There was some problems with the Spektrums and the MFU units in the trucks and tanks but they have been worked out to my knowledge. Proper setting of dual rates fixed the issue. Don't ask me what the settings are but I know you can make them work now.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:41 PM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road

Lynn, thank you for the reply. Yes, I have been happy with my Spektrum radios, but they are the "Park Flyer" style and I haven't been able to update them, the batteries keep going on them, and they are only 6 channels. I keep thinking I would prefer more channels, to add more functions. Which the combination of the Tamiya MFU and my current radios is limiting me. So that's also what prompted me to begin looking at options for the radios. Due to my recent health issues, I'm not as mobile as I used to be, so I think I'd be sitting more than I used to. Also, currently I can not have anything hanging on my neck, with the tray style I thought there was/is a shoulder strap/harness that might be easier for me, at least in the near term. Then, there is the desire on my part to add some additional functions to the trucks, the need for more than the 6 channels offered in my current radios.

I did do a comparison of the "Taranis X9E, actually a tray style" and the Spektrum DX18, the later is about double the price. So along with input on type/style of radio I'm also looking for input as to who's had experience with these various radios, good/bad, etc.

So again, I'm looking for an economical solution that will meet my needs of the trucks. I will probably just use the Spektrum DX 6 Park Flyer for the tanks for now.

Thank you again for the response, it was good to hear from you again. Take care, hope to see you at an event soon.

Regards,

Jim