RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2023, 05:35 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Looking to get an excavator

I wasn’t sure if Vario Helicopters were still offering this kit, the guy who designed it, a previous employee, is now the owner of Fumotec. Kirsten told me in an email this morning that they’ve sold 7 kits recently at this lower price & will have 5 more shipment ready in about 2 months.

The boom & stick each have twin 5mm thick steel plate incased in glass fiber resin that gives it its shape detail. The cab, engine hood & counter weight are made from fiberglas with GFR covering to make it smooth. Drill a hole in the counter weight & fill it with lead shot. The tracks are some type of nylon resin, they’ll wear & scuff a bit but I’ve never broke a link, and I’ve gummed them up tight with clay many times.

With a full counter weight of lead shot, model weighs just over 80lbs, but I’ve added steel plate under the bridge & used steel angle iron to connect rear counter weight to get 1 of the 2 I have to weigh 95lbs.

A couple of parts that I choose differently from stock are
#4004 Jung pump
256:1 direct drive swing motor
516:1 track motors
4 valve to have an aux for other attachments (I get the servos from Vario too)
Get an extra set of timing belt & pulleys for pump (I wear out a set about every 300hrs on the one that’s set over 40Bar; the other one set at 30Bar pulleys & belt will last a 1000hrs)
Mechanical coupler

I use an E-Flite 30amp brushless esc for pump, and two Sabertooth 2x24 dual esc for the tracks, swing & an aux for electrical attachments I make myself. I also use a Castle Creations 10amp BEC to power the rx.

Joe