RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2011, 07:30 AM

aseejr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ESC controlling the pump?

Scott,

On my Wedico ADT instead of using ESCs I used this receiver controlled switch:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8833

First I tried using 1 of the above switch. Using a DX8, programmed 2 mixes (steering to switch and dump to switch). The issue with this is that you CANNOT have both of mixes turned on at the same time (when you do, the 1st mix makes the 2nd in operable). What I did to make it work was to program the first mix into flight mode 1 and the second mix into flight mode 2. But this meant I always had to toggle between the flight modes.

The solution I found was to install 2 of the above switch, plugged into 2 separate channels. Programmed 2 mixes, steering to switch 1 and dump to switch 2. Now the hydraulic pump only turns on when I activate the steering and dump channels.

I also tried cheating - installed 1 switch - plugged it in to 2 separate channels using a 'Y' (2nd lead was only the signal wire). Didn't work...back fed signal....caused the whole thing to glitch.

Albert