RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:20 PM

TylerDSAudi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Haven't looked at this thread in awhile and wow great work! I wish I had that good of a detailed bucket for my dragline build!

Question what are your motors running rpm wise, im trying to size my motors for my Marion 8750 and having a hard time figuring that out on speed and torque needed. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDSAudi View Post
Question what are your motors running rpm wise, im trying to size my motors for my Marion 8750 and having a hard time figuring that out on speed and torque needed. Thanks!
I used the technical data from my machine's spec sheet to get the feet per minute from each function.
My motors are:
Swing-2500rpm 1/17hp 130vdc
Drag- 500rpm 1/12hp 130vdc
Hoist 417rpm 1/29hp 130vdc
They are geared down to approx scale feet per minute through the gearing. The drag is too fast so I have the max rpm turned down.Someday I want to build the gearbox for the drag correctly using all the gears exactly like the 1:1 machine.
I can also change my speed by changing the stick travel with the limits on the DX7 transmitter.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

It has been very hard to find any time to focus on this due to being busy at work all the time.So I found some time to do a little work on my 9W before Cabin Fever. Since it was very hard to see last year at the show I painted the bucket last summer and I added some lighting to my boom. I bought these bolt LED's and turned them down to fit inside of some old Lionel flood light housings.

Turning down from 11mm to about .360" dia

3 Lights installed
Old 12-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I found a little time to break out my model again and get to some more parts that need made. I decided to make some roof trusses and get some cover on this thing.

I made a simple fixture to machine the "T" bars since you can't buy the size I need.

A little scrounging around and came up with a cutter stack to mill these with a .040" web and flange.

Four cuts to depth and they turned out nice. Bigger cuts caused some problems.

A few ready for next step