RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2017, 12:17 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is this hobby dying in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Control Trucker View Post
R/C Trucking is NOT dying in the U.S.! In the past 20 years, it has hardly even been noticed by the mainline hobby industry. With every show that I attend people are always asking about the trucks and proclaiming how they have never seen them before.

In the Match/April edition of Road King Magazine, the West Coast Mini Truckers is going to have a 5 page article. It will mention the East Coast Mini Truckers, Central Plains Mini Truckers and the Deep South Mini Truckers, as well as www.rctrucksandconstruction.com. We have hope that it should renew interest in our hobby and bring new prospects as well.

Although the prices seem high, it is a recreational hobby that can be embraced by the young & old alike. You can choose to save up and make one big purchase or make several smaller purchases to build as you acquire parts.

It will bring opportunities for your children to learn how to work with their hands and give them a sense of accomplishment when they finish a build. Then they can drive it in your backyard, at a local park or in a safe corner of a parking lot.

For adults and the disabled, it gives you a project to work on in your spare time. When finished you have a beautiful display piece for your home and an operational unit to show off with friends and at planned recreational events.

Share the Joy
- RCT
I agree, and thanks to Jason for a great writeup. We (Tamiya America, Inc.) will even be giving away a truck for RoadKing readers to help promote the hobby.

We are are always trying to grow this part of the market, but today's society is a RTR, go fast and the go slow and realism is a small part of today. I have done multiple career days at schools in the past years, and really try to push creativity and what Tamiya does for allowing to to create your own work of art. I try to get through and to some I do but most, just want to pop a battery in and go fast.

I will never give up on getting kids to build. I have a 3yr old and he loves watching me build R/C and we build Lego's together, so there is hope.

**Also if the site owner(s) need help with the site and features all they need to do is let me know. I am willing to help, that is what I do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by janderson; 01-27-2017 at 12:19 PM.