RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Master A-Modeler

sneaky-pete is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbild 379 Custom Truck

Looks great Sven.....I love the hood detail!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

yes love the bowtie visor and the hub covers
Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky-pete View Post
Looks great Sven.....I love the hood detail!
I second that! It looks like its molded in the plastic
Old 02-05-2012, 04:18 PM

Crossy is on a distinguished road

Hello

Thank you for the nice compliments.

@glorydays24
Thank you. Yes, the sun visor, I myself have built. Have you made ​​of plastic. There is a lot of sanding and filling.

@Bsorenson79
The rear hubs are from Verkerk Modelbow. Here is the link to it.
click me

@Brian in PA
Thank you.
The caps I made ​​of plastic details. I have removed the original strip on the hood and ground down the middle. The new detail is produced on a 0.5 mm thick and 14mm wide strips. The 5 bars to 1 mm wide and are each 1mm apart and 0.5 mm high. Left and right to remain still for the 2.5 mm rivets strips. The rivets are made of brass and have a head of 1.6 mm.

It went with me now a little further. Unfortunately, one has to work only limited time to tinker.

First, my good friend my new air filter was filmed on a lathe. Are you fully made ​​of aluminum material. The hoses for that I'm bent out of plastic pipe and O-rings drawn. The entire tube was then subsequently Covered with black shrink tubing.

The new fuel tank, I made ​​tanks from the old orginal Tamiya. I removed the first thing the Chrome and have fixed glued the end caps. Everything was Stuffed several times and ground. The new tank straps are fixed by the company and keep the Wedico tanks to the frame.

When Sleeper I built a new rear wall. She is also the result of plastic and was grounded after the fitting several times and leveled. The rivets are the same as from the hood. You have a head diameter of 1.6 mm. Also have 2 handles and 4 beautiful taillights found your place on the back wall.

Now, there are first pictures

Greetings Sven

Last edited by Crossy; 02-05-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:43 PM

gungunhl is on a distinguished road

Hi Sven,

it looks good, I love the fuel tanks

Günther
Old 02-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

VERY Realistic, when this is painted, the right angle and perspective in a photo could really fool people into thinking that this is a 1:1. Nice!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Stepside will become famous soon enough

Looking great! X2 on the fuel tanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Green Horn

Bsorenson79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossy View Post
Hello

Thank you for the nice compliments.

@glorydays24
Thank you. Yes, the sun visor, I myself have built. Have you made ​​of plastic. There is a lot of sanding and filling.

@Bsorenson79
The rear hubs are from Verkerk Modelbow. Here is the link to it.
click me

@Brian in PA
Thank you.
The caps I made ​​of plastic details. I have removed the original strip on the hood and ground down the middle. The new detail is produced on a 0.5 mm thick and 14mm wide strips. The 5 bars to 1 mm wide and are each 1mm apart and 0.5 mm high. Left and right to remain still for the 2.5 mm rivets strips. The rivets are made of brass and have a head of 1.6 mm.

It went with me now a little further. Unfortunately, one has to work only limited time to tinker.

First, my good friend my new air filter was filmed on a lathe. Are you fully made ​​of aluminum material. The hoses for that I'm bent out of plastic pipe and O-rings drawn. The entire tube was then subsequently Covered with black shrink tubing.

The new fuel tank, I made ​​tanks from the old orginal Tamiya. I removed the first thing the Chrome and have fixed glued the end caps. Everything was Stuffed several times and ground. The new tank straps are fixed by the company and keep the Wedico tanks to the frame.

When Sleeper I built a new rear wall. She is also the result of plastic and was grounded after the fitting several times and leveled. The rivets are the same as from the hood. You have a head diameter of 1.6 mm. Also have 2 handles and 4 beautiful taillights found your place on the back wall.

Now, there are first pictures

Greetings Sven
The truck looks great!! I was wondering where you got the red lens for the back of the sleeper?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 AM

gungunhl is on a distinguished road

Nice back, simple and efficiant. Good job with the rivets.
I would think about the backlight to bring it up the top.

@ Bsorenson79:
I cn help - you will get them in a german shop: http://www.fechtner-modellbau.de/shop/index.html

Regards Günther

Last edited by gungunhl; 02-10-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Green Horn

hammer is on a distinguished road

Sven,
That is a beautiful truck the white and chrome realy set that truck off. Simple but very beautiful like that truck alot good job.
Tony
Old 02-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Wannabe

CorbettTrailers is on a distinguished road

Sven, The tanks look Stupendous!! Great Job! You really make that White truck and Eye catcher. You have any plans for Lights? I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!
ECMT Members: Join your Group. Go to your username in the top right corner of the page and click on it. When your profile opens go down to group memberships, Click on East Coast Mini Truckers, The social group will open and scroll down And in the middle it you will see "Join Group" Click on it and then confirm that you REALLY wanna join.
[SIZE="2"]
Old 03-14-2012, 03:31 PM

Hello people
Many Thanks for the nice replies.
It was, unfortunately, at present reluctant to continue with the build, because I was able to experience an eternal up and down with my girlfriend.

I started by the drive shaft through an industrial drive shaft replaced from silver steel. The new tires from the company Modelbouw Verkerk of the Netherlands have a really good mix A small rubber tip I'd say. The lettering on the tires, I've repainted with white paint to make it look sporty. The new rear fender, I made ​​a double fender made ​​'. I had him cut up the middle and the rest filed. The result are the copies to be seen. The owners are also their own production. The black color only Kontrpll paint is because I made the roof. The truck is painted soon.

Now there are pictures of the first current truck.

Here I have some pictures of the model from North Neumünster in Schleswig-Holstein.

Now for the painting.

I've presented this painting. Only the Mint green is replaced with a Candy Blue. the frame is also in Candy Blue. He will get a blue underbody lighting on the sides and plenty of yellow LEDs.
There is still much to do.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pi...9_dsc_7699.jpg

Ideas about ideas, criticism, new, or something else has to do with the topic, joy I am.

Greetings Sven

Last edited by Crossy; 03-14-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Apprentice

You really do some great work Sven. Well done!

If I may suggest, without causing offence; use Google translator: http://translate.google.com/
It will work much better for you. Whatever you are using at the moment does not work very well, it's hard to understand what you are saying.

Servus,
Steve.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 379 Custom Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
You really do some great work Sven. Well done!

If I may suggest, without causing offence; use Google translator: http://translate.google.com/
It will work much better for you. Whatever you are using at the moment does not work very well, it's hard to understand what you are saying.

Servus,
Steve.
not positive but in the first paragraph he says he is using google translator
but the pictures are great and hope you post more for us to see the rest of build
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road

Looks soo freaking amazing, now I wanna stretch mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....
Old 03-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I really like those rivets. For anyone trying to model a Peterbilt like this, they really make all the difference in the world! It's one of the best detail touches I think anyone could add. Great looking truck.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:24 AM

Good morning

Thanks for the nice answers. You are great
Apology for my bad English. To the translated one I take the Goggle translator. That only unfortunately ejects many errors. Does someone know a better translator?

Greeting Sven
Old 03-15-2012, 12:58 PM

sgt hopkins is on a distinguished road

Great looking rig... I dont really know what to say though. It all looks good, the rivets, the visor, the hood detail, the fenders, even the shrink tube idea is awesome. Good job!

I guess I did know what to say
Old 03-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossy View Post
Good morning

Thanks for the nice answers. You are great
Apology for my bad English. To the translated one I take the Goggle translator. That only unfortunately ejects many errors. Does someone know a better translator?

Greeting Sven
That's weird that it doesn't work well for you. I went onto bmw.de and copied a paragraph in German and then pasted it into Google Translator. It translated it into perfect English for me. Not to worry, we can see exactly what you are doing anyway and as I said, your work is excellent!

Freundlichen Grüßen
Steve.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Green Horn

cabrover is on a distinguished road

Very nice build Sven, That is a real eyecatcher!!Welcome aboard!!
Tim