RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road
Default Finally got a King

Well ,finally got me a king hauler,got it on the easy pay plan !
Been needing something to haul my construction models around.
My brother was in the hobby briefly a couple of years ago,then lost interest in it ,he gave me a dump trailer he built,need to make a screwdrive mechanism for it ,couple of mods,and a touch of paint.All of the parts except for the tires were picked from Lowes when it was built.
Have plans for a lowboy sometime this year.Going to shoot for a daycab,hope I can pull it off Will get a build thread up soon ,have a few electrical parts and servo's on order.Waiting for the parts to come in ,then get started on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finally got a King

Hey man Congrats on getting your new king, I've been in the hobby now for just under a year and a half and I've got two tractors and I'm searching for a trailer now.....welcome to the addiction my friend.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Hey man Congrats on getting your new king, I've been in the hobby now for just under a year and a half and I've got two tractors and I'm searching for a trailer now.....welcome to the addiction my friend.
Hey thanks Bricknick ,it will be a fun project,love to tinker and build.
What kind of trailer are you looking for?
I've been into the hobby for several years, started out with a couple of traxxas models,then got a interest in the construction side,yea,its addictive,lol.
Would like to shoot for something like this,pic to follow,really like the oilfield trucks.

Anyone like the ole Brigadiers,one of my favorite trucks .Its out of my league to build from scratch,lol ,pic to follow.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptech View Post
Hey thanks Bricknick ,it will be a fun project,love to tinker and build.
What kind of trailer are you looking for?
I've been into the hobby for several years, started out with a couple of traxxas models,then got a interest in the construction side,yea,its addictive,lol.
Would like to shoot for something like this,pic to follow,really like the oilfield trucks.

Anyone like the ole Brigadiers,one of my favorite trucks .Its out of my league to build from scratch,lol ,pic to follow.
Actually I'm kinda looking for a few trailers LOL, flatbed to stretch to scale 53' a tanker and the reefer to scale out to a 53' spread axel. And as for that cab being out of your league to scratch build, that's a minor task for some of the extremely talented builders on this board. Im sure you can get one of them to take on that cab build if you really wanted it.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

yea congrats on your new addition to the household..hope your signifigant other is as understanding as most..like true words were spoken in the thread earlier it is an addiction..been addicted for the last ahhhh..for some time now...WELCOME
Old 03-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Wannabe

@ Bricknick
Oh ,I see ,well if I run across anything ,BST ,or ebay while surfing around will shoot you a pm.
As for the Brig, mabey a later build ,need to get my feet wet with the king

@1985 kenworth
Hey thanks man , yea ,my wife is understanding about it ,its funny she texted me the other nite while I was working on my one of my models to let me know supper was ready.
The servo's should be here this week,ready to get started on it.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptech View Post
@ Bricknick
Oh ,I see ,well if I run across anything ,BST ,or ebay while surfing around will shoot you a pm.
As for the Brig, mabey a later build ,need to get my feet wet with the king

@1985 kenworth
Hey thanks man , yea ,my wife is understanding about it ,its funny she texted me the other nite while I was working on my one of my models to let me know supper was ready.
The servo's should be here this week,ready to get started on it.
Your wife texted you to let you know supper was ready...been there, done that.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!