RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 PM

Trucker47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let The Build Begin!

Hey everybody,

I really appologize for not keeping everybody updated but lately everything for me has been a speed wobble on the slow days. I was involved in a Physics Olympics team for a UBC competition which took lots of time (i usually left school at 5-6pm ). Then I was working quite a bit, my aunt got married and i was in charge of doing the music, and im trying to keep my car running as the guy who I bought it from never really did anything that he said he did. But it should be good after this weekend once I finish the new fuel system.

But don't worry the loader has not been forgotten and has been a high priority! So far both axles are done and the machine can move itself, I am finishing the axles mounts this weekend, a new battery system has been made (2 x 2c li-po in series for a 15v system) the turning and tilting linkage has been completed, the boom bucket linkage has been completed and works flawlessly. This system allows the bucket to remain withing 5-10 degrees of original position throughout the lifting cycle.

I also has scrapped the old bi-direction spool selector valve for a new design similiar to the german valves. I did this to save time as there are less parts, they are smaller, and I can machine them much quicker. The lighting system is about 50% complete and needs to be installed in the machine.

This coming week I plan to test the valve design and build the belt reduction system for the gear pump (don't worry Lil Giants I haven't forgotten ) and start on the steering and lifting cylinders. Again I apologize for not keeping it updated but like I said it has been crazy busy but things are starting to settle down and I've got 50 days left of the school year so let the count down begin and get the milling machine running over time.

Madda - Sorry for not replying, ill send you an e-mail tonight

Also I will try to get pictures up tomorrow of my current progress

-Chris