RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 PM

motocrawler is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Hour Bruder Dozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
No problem Mario! It's by far the cheapest toy in my collection. The dozer came from Winners at $20 plus tax, the 360 servos came from Sparkfun and are under $15. They seem to have ok torque(60oz/in I believe) considering I'm running it on 4 AA batteries at the moment. The biggest trouble is the tracks but I don't think its unfixable. Should be good fun in soft stuff or as you say just to load and unload.

Reg
Well done! I have done a similar conversion but I used the wheels closest to the blade as my drive wheels. If you look at the track you can see that the wheel provides the most surface area against the track and therefore reducing slip. I also lined all the wheels with a 1/16" rubber to reduce any slack and increase friction. The dozer works incredibly well once I did this, my weak link now is the torque on the continous rotation drive servo's.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Hour Bruder Dozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrawler View Post
Well done! I have done a similar conversion but I used the wheels closest to the blade as my drive wheels. If you look at the track you can see that the wheel provides the most surface area against the track and therefore reducing slip. I also lined all the wheels with a 1/16" rubber to reduce any slack and increase friction. The dozer works incredibly well once I did this, my weak link now is the torque on the continous rotation drive servo's.
Thanks, I agree that it would have been the better place for them but it doesn't work too bad where they are. I have some rubber coating stuff that I'm going to try on the drive wheels but it if doesn't end up having a lot of power to push dirt that's ok. I have the metal toys for outside anyway but I'm no longer allowed (for good reason) to bring them in the house so the Bruders are house pets!
I hope to do the wheel loader next so I may steal some of your ideas!

Thanks Reg