RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:18 PM

ngward79 is on a distinguished road
Default track loader

Hi everyone! I'm new to scale construction equipment and was looking to get the Stahl Liebherr LR632 tracked loader and I'm having a hard time finding a place that either sells them in the states or has a web page in English, so if anyone knows a place or even a good alternative please let me know thanks.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough
Default Re: track loader

I believe they are no longer available from them (went out of business). You may find one used here. Hope this helps.
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 08-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road

U are having a hard time due to the Stahl one no longer made. I have the carson/tamiya track loader and very comparable to the other track loaders. It's screw drive instead of hydro and will keep up with the hydro models. U have the option to make it hydro for more money. Out the door u looking to spend $3000 for RTR. Detail level is close the scaleart track loader. On a good charged 5000 mah 7.2v pack I can it close to 2hrs. After comparing against the stahl and scaleart track loader i plan to keep mine with screw drive. There is a bruder converted one from spain but from what I have seen it's trouble some.

Last edited by rcguyfarms; 08-24-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
I believe they are no longer available from them (went out of business). You may find one used here. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the letting me know they are out of business. I have another one in mind.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguyfarms View Post
U are having a hard time due to the Stahl one no longer made. I have the carson/tamiya track loader and very comparable to the other track loaders. It's screw drive instead of hydro and will keep up with the hydro models. U have the option to make it hydro for more money. Out the door u looking to spend $3000 for RTR. Detail level is close the scaleart track loader. On a good charged 5000 mah 7.2v pack I can it close to 2hrs. After comparing against the stahl and scaleart track loader i plan to keep mine with screw drive. There is a bruder converted one from spain but from what I have seen it's trouble some.
I saw the Carson/Tamiya too, sounded like the tracks were plastic which I didn't care for. But I liked it's metal body and the newer body style though. What website would have the best deal for the loader, thanks again.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I have a Stahl track loader and I have ran it next to rcguyfarms Carson in dirt and rubber. In my opinion the Carson is a really nice machine and it far out performed my Stahl in the dirt and is a little better in the rubber as well. I would not let the plastic tracks on the Carson bother you as they are made well and seam to be very durable. If I were buying one now and knew what I know first hand I would get the Carson all electric version. The Carson is also a bit bigger and better suited to the size of the Tamiya trucks.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 08-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Green Horn

The Body and tracks are plastic on the Carson loader. The rest is metal. Metal tracks are in the works.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I have a Stahl track loader and I have ran it next to rcguyfarms Carson in dirt and rubber. In my opinion the Carson is a really nice machine and it far out performed my Stahl in the dirt and is a little better in the rubber as well. I would not let the plastic tracks on the Carson bother you as they are made well and seam to be very durable. If I were buying one now and knew what I know first hand I would get the Carson all electric version. The Carson is also a bit bigger and better suited to the size of the Tamiya trucks.

Travis
Thanks, I think this will be what I'll get and go with the electric rams. Oh I saw the loader from SCALE ART and about crapped my self when I saw the price.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngward79 View Post
Thanks, I think this will be what I'll get and go with the electric rams. Oh I saw the loader from SCALE ART and about crapped my self when I saw the price.
if you are seriously considering the Carson track-loader let me know ,
since I am also "shopping" for it right now .
Its always easier to cut deals if you want to buy more when 1 of anything .
You may don't know me , I am German ,( but located here in the US ) , therefore its very easy for me to deal with all these German manufactures .
I used to be the Carson dealer for the USA ( years ago ) , but gave that up to Ric , PMD , Gardentrucking .
I already spoke with Ric during the Indy show about this track-loader ,
but he didn't seam to be interested to import this one ( obviously , since he has his other loaders ) .
But if I can find a few more guys interested in the Carson track-loader I will talk with Ric again . And if he still doesn't want to get them , I will get them , since I been doing already some shopping and price comparisons .
Old 08-24-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomRCmodels View Post
if you are seriously considering the Carson track-loader let me know ,
since I am also "shopping" for it right now .
Its always easier to cut deals if you want to buy more when 1 of anything .
You may don't know me , I am German ,( but located here in the US ) , therefore its very easy for me to deal with all these German manufactures .
I used to be the Carson dealer for the USA ( years ago ) , but gave that up to Ric , PMD , Gardentrucking .
I already spoke with Ric during the Indy show about this track-loader ,
but he didn't seam to be interested to import this one ( obviously , since he has his other loaders ) .
But if I can find a few more guys interested in the Carson track-loader I will talk with Ric again . And if he still doesn't want to get them , I will get them , since I been doing already some shopping and price comparisons .
I may have to take you up on it. I can't find anywhere else that sells it.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

TTM out of Germany has the best price I've seen . But If Willy going to do it , then I'd go with him 1st . I'm back and forth on buying 1 as a bare bones kit or building my own from scratch . I'm more then a few months away from even thinking about buying 1 yet got other priorities right now .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Green Horn

I have a few irons in the fire from where I could get them , I have requested a few quotes from various places in Germany . But lets wait till end of next week , since I just spoke with Ric from gardentrucking / PMD , he is still on the road ,therefore I have to wait till I can get a quote from him too .
Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
TTM out of Germany has the best price I've seen . But If Willy going to do it , then I'd go with him 1st . I'm back and forth on buying 1 as a bare bones kit or building my own from scratch . I'm more then a few months away from even thinking about buying 1 yet got other priorities right now .
thanks buddy ,
yeah , you need to make the wheels first !
Old 08-25-2012, 12:30 AM
Green Horn

Quote:
Howdy Scott
with what electronics did yours come ? or did you install your own ones ?
since this electronic set from Carson ( compact unit with lights and all ESC's ) just has been released , but I just haven't found enough info's about that one yet , since nobody seams to carry it . I just saw a fairly high price for that unit . something around 400 Euros ?
Guess a couple small ESC's for the drive-motors or even a nice Tamiya tank-DMD with some small Thor controllers for the spindle-drives should do the trick here .
Old 08-25-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
I have a few irons in the fire from where I could get them , I have requested a few quotes from various places in Germany . But lets wait till end of next week , since I just spoke with Ric from gardentrucking / PMD , he is still on the road ,therefore I have to wait till I can get a quote from him too .
Thanks, I need to sell some things first but I should have the money soon. Keep me posted on what you get worked out.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:56 AM

Quote:
The Body and tracks are plastic on the Carson loader. The rest is metal. Metal tracks are in the works.
Quick question for you, does the screw drive motors connect to the speed control or do they get connected straight to the receiver like a servo?
Old 08-31-2012, 06:14 AM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngward79 View Post
Quick question for you, does the screw drive motors connect to the speed control or do they get connected straight to the receiver like a servo?
U will need four electronic speed controls to run the motors via rc radio.

Quote:
Howdy Scott
with what electronics did yours come ? or did you install your own ones ?
since this electronic set from Carson ( compact unit with lights and all ESC's ) just has been released , but I just haven't found enough info's about that one yet , since nobody seams to carry it . I just saw a fairly high price for that unit . something around 400 Euros ?
Guess a couple small ESC's for the drive-motors or even a nice Tamiya tank-DMD with some small Thor controllers for the spindle-drives should do the trick here .
No electronics came with mine at the time I got it. I am using a pair of dimension engineering 2x12 escs to run mine.

I did final find a sheet on this new electronic part but I can read German enough to understand it.

http://www.carson-modelsport.com/Com...heit_LR634.pdf
Old 08-31-2012, 08:29 AM

Thanks again rcguyfarms. I'll have to look into the dimension engineering esc.

Last edited by ngward79; 08-31-2012 at 08:33 AM.