RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Truck Building Tech

Truck Building Tech Covers mechanical and electrical components for truck modeling

Old 03-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wedico Rear Suspension

Let me know how your driveshafts do when in severe off road. This is where my dump truck suffers from driveshaft poping out. I run rc4wd punisher shafts and I think the inter axel driveshaft need to be about 3 or 4mm longer. It still won't fix the issue with the steep driveshaft angel tho...

I'm tinkering with the tamiya axels with making a simmilar mack camelback style centerpoint spring set up...its by far the best spring set up any mfg has ever made. Only walking beam proves more articulation. The camelback uses rubber pads where the axel mounts to the spring. My hope is that the rubber pads will give for horizontal articulation, center point mounting will give front to back articulation and brace the axel housings at the top so near constant alignment with driveshaft angel is present.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wedico Rear Suspension

My input/output shaft on my diffs are centered left to right, not like Tamiya. I also bought my driveshafts too long and had Espeefan mill them down to the length I needed, both of these things are beneficial to my truck.