RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 06-07-2018, 11:36 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road
Default Premacon motor flange adapter for wedico transmission

Does anyone have experience with using Premacon motor flange for mounting a LRP Truck Puller engine or Faulhaber 3557? I would like to get more power out of my wedico Cat 740.
https://shop.premacon.com/product_in...roducts_id=187

Motor flange for Wedico gearbox. With this flange, the following engines can be mounted on a Wedico transmission: 3557r Lye, LRP Truckpuller, Robbe Truck and others with the same hole pattern
Old 08-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Premacon motor flange adapter for wedico transmission

Small update. I ended up getting a 6volt version for the faulhaber 3557k006c.
I'm going to limit the speed thru my radio so I wont over spin the motor since I'm using a 3s lipo. I sorta explain in the video. I'll have to test with actual load to see if it's any better from the original motor.
https://youtu.be/nEnqP5FD0Y0

Old 08-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Apprentice

Well after testing, I was able to match exactly the speed I was achieving with the original buhler motor. I made a 11'-4" drag strip in the hallway carpet to see how long it took to cross the finish line in each of the 3 gears. I took an average of 4 tries in each gear. Then I matched the time using the faulhaber motor by adjusting the throttle end points. So I went from 100% down to 77% to match the speed.
Now I am ready for actual uphill on dirt. I had previously observed the performance with the buhler motor. So I had a feel for it. Now with the faulhaber, performance was slightly less but hard to notice. Runtime however was less with using faulhaber. Mostly due to the 6volt faulhaber motor and probably pulling a ton of amps from the 3s lipo I'm assuming?
Since my pinion was barely screwed on to the motor shaft and the pinion was only about 35% on the spur due to the adapter spacer, I decided to put the buhler motor back on. Unless I find a faulhaber 3557k012cr with a longer 12tooth pinion, my experiment was a failure. Still an amazing and quiet operating motor!!

Last edited by liftmys10; 03-03-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Apprentice

I just scored on a 3557K012CR in new condition.
I once again took out the stock 6440 RPM Buhler motor and swapped it in with the 5300 RPM 3557K012CR.

On my test drag strip track at home, which is 11'-4" in length on carpet, I did average runs from start/finish with the stock motor in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear and 3rd gear with 1 gallon water in bed.

I then swapped motors and did the same average runs.

Results:
1st gear, the Buhler motor finished faster by 3.0 seconds.
2nd gear, the Buhler motor finished faster by 1.0 second.
3rd gear, the Buhler motor is the same speed as 3557k012CR.
3rd gear with 1 gallon water in bed, the 3557k012CR is faster by 0.10 second.

Conclusion:
On flat grounds with no load, the Buhler motor has a higher top speed in 1st and 2nd gear, but in 3rd gear both motors were equal in speed.
Where the 3557k012CR shines is when load is introduced. In 3rd gear with or w/out the 1 gallon water, the speed was identical and did not change.
Whereas the Buhler motor slowed down significantly when I added the 1 gallon water.
I can definitely feel the extra torque from the 3557k012cr and will spend more time in 2nd and 3rd gear whereas the Buhler was only 1st and 2nd.