RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Defenders of the land. > Military Vehicles.

Military Vehicles. Trucks/Support Vehicles in here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2012, 05:45 PM

george is on a distinguished road
Default Reasonable Advice Needed

Hello,

First I am a Complete Newb to this field. I Can put together a complete kit with All parts and instructions without a problem. So now I want to go out on a limb.

I have a Plastic 1/6 Ultimate Soldier Schwimmwaggen car. That was a German WWII scout car used of course by the German Army. It is able to go in the water with a propeller on the rear. And drive on land. It was not a speed demon, it was the early generation of VW. Enough of the lessons.

I need parts advice. I want to convert this to 4x4 like the real one and have it water proof as well BUT retain the looks of a WWII vehicle. I have done alot or research and this has been done, alot in Europe, parts there different from here.

I need Two axles driven from 1 motor so it will be 4 wheel drive. The front only steers But there is suspension to all 4 wheels. For now the tires are the 1/6 plastic, I can live with that for now. Again keeping the connections small, not bulky and all parts through the lower hull to be water proof. If you google Schwimwaggen, you will see what I am attempting to do.

I NEED, if that`s possible, Cheap plastic housing Axles that are not Bulky, that can be installed with the interior of the car to cover it over. Also for the axle to wheel connections, the slimmer the better for scale looks. Remember this is a WWII car not a rock crawler or speed demon.

ANY sources for parts and pictures, I like pictures, would be GREATLY appreciated. IF I get to the axle drive stage, I will post pictures of my build for you all to look at, once I figure that out as well.

Thanks In advance for your help and not laughing at me on line at least.

George

Last edited by george; 03-22-2012 at 07:17 PM.