RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default Unfortunate end on Saskatchewan roads.

This is a news broadcast about a guy that was not so lucky... works for same company sis and her bf work for.

"A flat-deck hauling drilling pipe was travelling southbound on Highway 11 when it left the road near the Highway 16 overpass just before 3 a.m. The truck travelled over the southbound off ramp and sound berm before crashing into a house located in the 400 block of Senick Bay.

The truck came to rest in the basement of the house, igniting the fire that also spread to a neighbouring structure. Fire officials said flames from the fire could be seen from Circle Drive.

The truck and both houses suffered heavy fire damage. Police say the driver of the semi was unaccounted for.

Human remains were found at the scene of the accident during the investigation. Saskatoon police said in a news release Wednesday afternoon that the a forensic anthropologist has been called to assist the police identification unit in identifying the remains. "

Warning - there is a graphic scene possible of the driver

http://saskatoon.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...?hub=Saskatoon
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Default Re: Unfortunate end on Saskatchewan roads.

So from the sounds of it, he had just stopped in the north end of Saskatoon to fuel up at husky, so that's 600+ liters 160+ gallons of diesel he had on. He left okay and started out and was leaving the city. GPS showed constant speed and no problems then he went off the road, over another, over a berm, into an incomplete house...

The truck was an automatic transmission so it would have just kept gearing down and down and down and kept going instead of stalling out..

All that we can hope is that he was gone before the fire happened. At the shop its hit them hard and it has been very quiet for days now...
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope the driver made it out ok also. You hear of freak accidents, but boy, this has to be at the top. It was fortunate nobody was living in the houses. That was a blessing.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The driver did not make it out alive.. The driver is the remains they found.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 02-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Yeah man accidents involving rigs never can be good. We just had one here in jersey this week about 35 mins from my house, a driver that used to drive roll offs with my brother in law was driving down a two lane road with a 40yrd can full of asphalt when a bus driver decided to shoot out infront if him with a bus full of kids, 16 kids had to be air lifted.....all bad scene, it was all over the national news.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

oh my.. I personally almost hit a school bus last week. bugger was oncoming and turned infront of me!! thats how i just did 9500$ damage to my f150 2 months ago!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -