RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Old 01-09-2023, 04:39 PM

Orange RC Works is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/10 Oshkosh M1070 A0 (3D Printed/Scratchbuilt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewmember View Post
Really fine work! I like all the small details. Are the drive axles 3d printed also?

-Shawn-
No sir, off the shelf steel drive axles... the drive train are all metal...
Old 01-11-2023, 01:39 PM

Old 01-20-2023, 03:13 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road

Coupla random thoughts. One, what axles are you using, if you don't mind me asking? I've used Integy stuff, which isn't bad, if you don't mind dealing with their rather minimalist idea of customer service =)), or random crap off Aliexpress. I'm always looking for something better/different.

As for the dozer, another though is to use an Arduino (ESP8266, ESP32, whatever) for motor control. Have it read in the throttle and steer from your TX and then proportion to ESC's accordingly. My Flysky's iBus output is basically serial, which plays real nice with the microcontrollers, but there are libraries to read servo outputs into the Arduino/whatever if you'd rather go that route. Also leads to all kinds of other clever stuff; I use Arduinos to control the SK/WS2812-style "Neopixel" LED's, and if you're into sound boards or whatever other accessories, the sky's the limit as you can build your own ... well, anything.

I have a half-track I'm doing that way, because the front (wheels) motor has to spin at a wildly different speed than the rear (tracks). Could use a servo multiplier and two ESC's, but a small Arduino and a tiny dual-channel motor controller do the trick.

Anyway, food for though.
Old 01-20-2023, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremu View Post
Coupla random thoughts. One, what axles are you using, if you don't mind me asking? I've used Integy stuff, which isn't bad, if you don't mind dealing with their rather minimalist idea of customer service =)), or random crap off Aliexpress. I'm always looking for something better/different.

As for the dozer, another though is to use an Arduino (ESP8266, ESP32, whatever) for motor control. Have it read in the throttle and steer from your TX and then proportion to ESC's accordingly. My Flysky's iBus output is basically serial, which plays real nice with the microcontrollers, but there are libraries to read servo outputs into the Arduino/whatever if you'd rather go that route. Also leads to all kinds of other clever stuff; I use Arduinos to control the SK/WS2812-style "Neopixel" LED's, and if you're into sound boards or whatever other accessories, the sky's the limit as you can build your own ... well, anything.

These are the axles i used for all 4 axles of the tractor...2 steering and 2

I have a half-track I'm doing that way, because the front (wheels) motor has to spin at a wildly different speed than the rear (tracks). Could use a servo multiplier and two ESC's, but a small Arduino and a tiny dual-channel motor controller do the trick.

Anyway, food for though.
These are the axles i used for this build, 2 steering front and rear and axle 2&3 non steering...theyre cheap but good enough for my needs...but these dont come with differentials...its got double reduction, spur and bevel... same axles on my kenworth K100 aerodyne build... i already designed adapters for these axles to take on either leaf spring or swing arm suspension..kenworth is leaf spring while these are swing arm for the rear, and leaf for the front... on the D8 build, i think i was able to figure out the program mix for the steering and throttle on my radiolink rc6gs pistol radio and they work just fine... heres the video... https://youtu.be/knUPPHZKtQg.... see reference pics of the axles i used...

Last edited by Orange RC Works; 01-20-2023 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:15 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road

Sweet, thanks!

-- A
Old 04-04-2023, 03:06 AM

weather was good for a test run...

https://youtu.be/QeR1s1s7IT8

https://youtu.be/J6JwVCD_qdU

https://youtu.be/quz8EwNizB8
Old 12-16-2023, 05:02 PM

Finally installed my DIY reverse alarm module and smoke module on this rig.

https://youtu.be/T8ACkqeaQ3o?si=sfqpeAy80Ed045OW