RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from FlyingBeagle in Lexington, KY

Hello, I am Patrick from Lexington KY. I am very new to this hobby. I have been flying RC airplanes for a few years now. I recently found this hobby while browsing RC videos on youtube and was immediatly drawn to it. I wish I had known about it before I bought all of my airplanes and equipment. I come from a construction family, and I am currently a project manager for a general contractor here in Lexington. I have always loved heavy equipment and this hobby is perfect for me. I look forward to building many pieces in the future although for the time being I will probably just do a great bit more lurking. Thank you all for sharing your builds and all for the many ingenious ideas that you have.

P.S. Is there anyone in the central KY area that is into this hobby as I would love to see some of these trucks and equipment first hand.

Thanks Again.

FlyingBeagle
Old 12-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from FlyingBeagle in Lexington, KY

Welcome Aboard. This is a fun world wide forum!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

Hey FB, i was just in ur neck of the woods a few wks ago. Glad u found the forum. Trust me, the trucks and construction stuff is much easier to lug aroaund than airplanes. I have some too..lol

Rob
Old 12-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Green Horn

CrimsonCorsair is on a distinguished road

I am in Louisville - not to far from you. I can show you LOTS of neat pieces - but not a complete truck - yet. There is a show in Indianapolis every year - I went last year - great place to see ALL of the equipment - working - as well as meet some of the best people in the world. Information on the 2012 show can be found in this link: http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=3225

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road

I might be the closest to u with a collection of about every construction and truck rc models u can see in person. I am 2hrs north of Lexington in southern Indiana.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Hello from FlyingBeagle in Lexington, KY

Wow, Thanks for all of the great response. I definitely will be trying to make it to the Indianapolis show next year. Thanks for all of the offers to show me some of this equipment. I just may take you up on them.
I see all of these great builds and it makes my head spin. The creativity, resourcefulness and incredible craftsmanship you all display is impressive to say the least. I dont know where I want to start, but I imagine it will be mimicking one of your diecast or bruder conversions. It makes it a lot easier for a newbie like me to follow in your footsteps. I have already been poking my head in the access hole to the crawlspace portion of my basement to see if there is enough room for a quarry