RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction News

Construction News New kits & accessories offered in the world wide marketplace

Old 08-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default New 60 ton excavator from Robbe

Heres the new O&K RH 25.5 From Robbe..Looks to be a great price for an excavator this size

http://www.robbe.de/kettenbagger-mon...lackiert.html#
Old 08-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New 60 ton excavator from Robbe

Holy mackerel! That's almost ten grand! I can buy a real one (slightly used) for that kind of money.
But its nice.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:03 PM

Alokocat is on a distinguished road

**** it's ugly

I hope Carson will do a excavator someday with a lower price range, this market price is ridiculous ....
Old 08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

If you look at the price Vat is included so if that was to be sent to north america this would come off .
Yes these Machines are expensive..I have both purchased and built construction models ..If you have built a construction machine you would know what kind of work is involved in these intricate peices of equipment ..If you ask anyone of the scratch building excavtors modelers (or constuction) machine if they sold their machines for $7000 they would be lucky to get even $5 bucks an hour for their labour .
Even with the high tech equipment that Premacon ,Robbe , THS ,Fumotech or scaleart have at their disposal I dont see alot of profit for these higher end models.
I have friends that wont even batt an eye when purchasing a 35k harley or even a 50k boat ..I beleive a hobby is a hobby reguardless and If you can afford it all the power to you . Just sayin
Old 10-22-2014, 03:53 PM

Old Guy is on a distinguished road

I agree with Lou I know with the 3 construction models I built I spent anywhere from 1200 to 2000 hours on each. But in my case I build all the hydraulics including pumps, cylinders and control valves. So the price their asking is reasonable.

Earl
Old 10-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road

one day when i win the lotto i will have one, not with what i'm getting paid now lol.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Aussie Fabricator

titandigs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
If you look at the price Vat is included so if that was to be sent to north america this would come off .
Yes these Machines are expensive..I have both purchased and built construction models ..If you have built a construction machine you would know what kind of work is involved in these intricate peices of equipment ..If you ask anyone of the scratch building excavtors modelers (or constuction) machine if they sold their machines for $7000 they would be lucky to get even $5 bucks an hour for their labour .
Even with the high tech equipment that Premacon ,Robbe , THS ,Fumotech or scaleart have at their disposal I dont see alot of profit for these higher end models.
I have friends that wont even batt an eye when purchasing a 35k harley or even a 50k boat ..I beleive a hobby is a hobby reguardless and If you can afford it all the power to you . Just sayin
These words are very true, Scratch building a construction model gives a good idea whats involved and the costs that come with it.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:26 PM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
very true. in this hobby, you can make the things you can`t afford or you can buy them. what looks like a couple weeks work is actually a few months,(7 at the least), or even years to make a model. many people don`t realize the amount of time required to machine each component. this is heavy duty metal that takes time to work with. especially with hydraulics, there is a high cost for each component. also ten grand would probably not be enough to buy one, it would probably be enough to rent one for a small amount of time.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:38 PM

dozerbuilder is on a distinguished road

Yep, I've had the same experience. I've put at least 2000 hrs into my dozer build in 2015 including drawings, and I'm still not finished. I'm not going to embarrass myself saying what it's cost and I know I've got $1500 still to tip in. Sometimes along the way I wished I never started. To me money can't buy what I've built - but in reality it's worth $0.00 to sell. So if one can buy an excavator or model ready made, just add your own finishing touches and you're ready to dig dirt and save 2000 hrs building. And a commercial ready-made probably has some resale value too if one decides to move on to another model.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:44 PM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbuilder View Post
Yep, I've had the same experience. I've put at least 2000 hrs into my dozer build in 2015 including drawings, and I'm still not finished. I'm not going to embarrass myself saying what it's cost and I know I've got $1500 still to tip in. Sometimes along the way I wished I never started. To me money can't buy what I've built - but in reality it's worth $0.00 to sell. So if one can buy an excavator or model ready made, just add your own finishing touches and you're ready to dig dirt and save 2000 hrs building. And a commercial ready-made probably has some resale value too if one decides to move on to another model.
Very true. If it is for sale, it is saving the buyer a lot of time. And with RC tracked construction equipment, you need to individually machine each track link. Also with RC tracked vehicles, Mainly dozers, you may need to install transmissions and drive trains in your model which requires even more time. Plus the amount of time needed to fill the machines fluids would add to that cost,(this brand includes fluid in their excavator), unlike other brands that require you to put oil in after you open the machine Out of the box.