RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Talking 990 cat loader

just a peak of what I've been designing amongst other things

borrowed pic from machinery trader

thanks for lookin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 990 cat loader

WOW! That really came out nice!Although! I see you & Travis are useing the same wimpy axles. I gotta have a front row seat for the vid,Can't wait to see this monster get a good full bucket. Then watch the front of the machine go to the ground when you try to lift it.
Gotta get one in there when I can.
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:31 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyGearDrive View Post
WOW! That really came out nice!Although! I see you & Travis are useing the same wimpy axles. I gotta have a front row seat for the vid,Can't wait to see this monster get a good full bucket. Then watch the front of the machine go to the ground when you try to lift it.
Gotta get one in there when I can.
FGD
well I could bench test them just give me a few min

Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 AM

cbazq271 is on a distinguished road

what scale is this?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbazq271 View Post
what scale is this?

Oh, freddy, bench test failed by IHB standards Axle redesign in order

Old 11-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post

Oh freddy bench test failed by IHB standards Axle redesign in order
STEEL AXLE HOUSINGS!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

Nice parts you made, never liked a Cat but i like your work so far!

How much does it weigh as of now?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:44 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

4 wheel motors. It'll leave the rear body open for hyd system & electronics. Not to mention much more power than you'll ever get from a motor/trans/axles and alot less mechanics involve.

Review Elliot's & Kalle's Fumotec adt builds for axle design & choice of motors.

Looking fantastic thus far, this one could definitely be a money maker for you... providing you alter it a bit so it isn't a Cat, just looks similar.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:53 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Looks great Steve! Ill take one

Brian
Old 11-17-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
4 wheel motors. It'll leave the rear body open for hyd system & electronics. Not to mention much more power than you'll ever get from a motor/trans/axles and alot less mechanics involve.

Review Elliot's & Kalle's Fumotec adt builds for axle design & choice of motors.

Looking fantastic thus far, this one could definitely be a money maker for you... providing you alter it a bit so it isn't a Cat, just looks similar.
Joe , if i sell , they will be unbranded . and yes talking to freddy , 4 gear motors

Old 11-17-2011, 05:48 PM

if you decide to make one to sell, let me know. I will buy one for sure
Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Steve, I need an order form, better start making duplicate parts.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Sorry but I completely disagree without 4 escs you have no way to make true 4wd. Not to mention price and how often they discontinue gear motors so if one quits you are now buying 4. "Not to mention much more power than you'll ever get from a motor/trans/axles and alot less mechanics involve."
Joe you have no idea of what he is using.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-17-2011, 08:12 PM

I've given this issue some thought tha housings definately need some up grade it takes over the weight of my pans to bow these housings which is flatening the mammoth tires unfilled . 1 major faill point is the axle extension at the screw area not much meat for plastic and they just look to spinly not big loader like so like my mack , I'll be making new housings steel I think will be overkill . There is plenty of room to fit everything needed + an operator in the cab .

Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 PM
BANNED

You're wrong on every point Travy.

My Komatsu is 4yrs old, I have done zero wrenching on it and it has moved several cu/yds of dirt in that time. That wdc I had with its overly complicated drivetrain, I had to split it twice to replace driveshafts. And those wdc ball shafts are a hellva alot more stout than the Tamiya dog bones/cups you're using in your loader.

I guess your idea will probably be fine for you b/c you only use your stuff sparingly in rubber dirt at a few shows a yr.

If Stevie has any plans to market this loader, then he better do it right or expect alot of negative feedback.

Motor/trans/driveshafts/axles = problems ...especially if this loader has any significant weight to it.

Joe
Old 11-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

1 power source 4 motors the motor that loses traction will spin and the others will stall out.

I have ran Izzys loader as well as many others with no problems and yes we do play with it in his yard which is a loamy sand a very heavy combination.

Maybe you should scratch build one and show us how its done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrPnFYrQjo0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Yt6K45YNE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfYlIcURP0U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETjkHdpHFY8

Travis

Old 11-17-2011, 10:47 PM

for sure it should be 4 drive motors. Alot simpler and smoother running with the weight of the machine. You would not need 4 seperate esc. They are alot out there the can run multi brushed motors. The Mamba max pro would be perfect.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbazq271 View Post
for sure it should be 4 drive motors. Alot simpler and smoother running with the weight of the machine. You would not need 4 seperate esc. They are alot out there the can run multi brushed motors. The Mamba max pro would be perfect.
It is not a mater of one esc not being able to run them it is keeping equal power to them.

Travis

Old 11-17-2011, 11:26 PM
BANNED

At low throttle, yes the motor with the least traction will spin alone. At greater than half throttle all four motors go no matter which one has less traction. At full throttle the power is undoubtly equal to all of them.

So you play in the dirt occassionaly... have you even worn the paint off the tracks yet, much less the bucket? ...8 months later

What does Izzy figure he has for hrs on his loader in the dirt? I ran my wdc more than 250hrs for sure the 1st two yrs I had it and the Stahl would undoubtably get a 100hrs each yr, the front aluminum edge of the bucket is razor thin, I could probably shave with it, I'm gonna need a new bucket soon.

I don't have to scratchbuild my own to prove my point, all the top german companies do it with a motor at each wheel for the power, durability & reliability. wdc is the only bonehead that refuses to change, and their market share diminishes moreso every yr as ppl get wise to their models' lack of substance.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Something kinda like this.

FGD