RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:31 PM

Krewmember is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LINN Model DD-15 "HafTrak" Dump (1/14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
That looks amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerst View Post
Very impressive!

Kerst
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crueby View Post
Looking great! Did you find plans/drawings somewhere, or are you going from old pictures? Not sure if there are any of these still in existance? There are a few of the Lombard versions around. Will be following this build!
Thank you. I have not been able to find drawings from the manual, but I was able to find this export specs sheet from this page http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/l/linn_mfg/linn_mfg2.htm it got me good reference dimensions and from there I'm scaling pictures and videos that I have found on the net and working off them to design the individual parts in CAD for 3d printing or fabrication.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:57 PM

crueby is on a distinguished road

Wow - lots of information on that link, thanks! Towards the bottom there was a link for 'More Pictures', on that second page there are a lot of plan views and detail drawings.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crueby View Post
Wow - lots of information on that link, thanks! Towards the bottom there was a link for 'More Pictures', on that second page there are a lot of plan views and detail drawings.
Wow, good catch I can not believe I missed that
Old 09-05-2021, 01:17 PM

I'm back with a update on the Linn. I finally have some progress to show after a lot of research, I have a designed a prototype of the differential and final drives for the tractor. The trouble this entire build has been a lack of info, I quickly discovered that it is vary hard to find any technical or dimensional info about Linn tractors. I had a breakthrough when I found this post on the justoldtrucks forums by user 'Linntractornut' http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/2169...-Technical-etc in this post I found this image.

Its a scan of a Linn parts book! And of the differential and final drives big thanks to 'Linntractornut' of shaing this info. So I finally had something to scale off.

Here is a photo of the differential in the real thing.

I this designed a model in CAD to allow me 3d print a prototype and hopefully CNC finished parts out of aluminum.

Lots of failed prints and designs later...

I have this.

The differential is out of a 1/16 Traxxas E-revo and it is perfect size for this! I got the idea to use this differential from kerst's Liebherr LTM 1055 S-4 build. Thanks Kerst.

Now for the final drives gears I was going to cut my own as I now have a mill and indexing head but, I found that 48 Pitch gears which are commonly used in RC cars are perfect size. Using CAD I determined that a 12T pinion and 60t spur fits perfectly in the final drive case.

So this how it sits. I will be working on machining the half shafts and a drive shaft, finishing the other track and hooking up a motor so it can finally move under its own power!

-Shawn-