RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 04-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So I built a hydraulic pump today

Volume doesn't scale same as distance

1/14th scale, 14 feet would be 1 foot, but 14 cubic feet would be .0051 cubic feet

So your scale weight example would be 57.14 lbs in 14th scale
Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the ideas guys. I did find a U cup seal on line in 1/8 so they are available. My local hydro shop didn't have any in stock that were 1/8 but said they could get them. They gave me the different O rings to try but didn't think they would work. I guess they were right. I guess I should make a new housing that has more meat on the back side. that would give me more room to install a proper seal. My Jung pump has a proper U cup seal but the shaft is larger too giving a lot more sealing surface. I'm wondering if the bushing in the motor is allowing the shaft to load one side of the O rings heavy when the pressure comes up. There always seems to be a little slack in these brushed motors but the original shaft length is long enough to use a support bearing on the other side. Maybe I should try that too? I put it back in the box and stuck it on the shelf because I was frustrated but I will get it on the bench again soon!

Reg
Old 04-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

Reg,

If you're going to try for a second edition/incarnation, and might want to dispose of the first, I might be interested, if it can handle water decently, as in a water-cannon pump.

I'd even be willing to send you my small Thunder-Tiger one that runs off what I think is a 180 (have to check it) as its unobtanium, and if you can replicate it at a decent price, I know guys that would ~kill~ for it.

Also, have you thought of running ssome of the oil thru the casing to cool it, and possibly thru a coil wrapped around the motor to cool ~that~... and if not oil, use a loop of water with some sort of a radiator.

WhiteWolf