RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-26-2015, 10:53 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Looking good....hey was that ring gear on the model....if so how did you get so lucky with finding a small gear for the sevo that had the right pitch???

Where did you get that little slip ring....I could have used one just a bit bigger for something.....lol....ended up making one from scratch and I hope it works.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGARAGE View Post
Looking good....hey was that ring gear on the model....if so how did you get so lucky with finding a small gear for the sevo that had the right pitch???

Where did you get that little slip ring....I could have used one just a bit bigger for something.....lol....ended up making one from scratch and I hope it works.
Thanks KP. It's been pretty simple so far and I hope it stays that way! The only time I enjoy these conversions is when they go smooth and fast. The ring gear is from a heli. I modified it to fit and bolted it to the track frame. The gear was a pinion off of a 540 motor with a 1/8 D shaft. I drilled out one end on the lathe to fit the servo tight then drilled through with a 1/8 bit removing the D. Flipped it around and machined a relief in the other end to hide the head of the mounting screw. The slip ring is from Robot Shop. I bought it almost two years ago for $18. I've since learned how to shop on eBay and realized that I got ripped off at $18.lol It wouldn't be heavy enough to run your lighting on the PC1800 let alone the tracks. Carry on with the scratch building sir!
Old 11-27-2015, 03:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

A bit more progress.... I need to get a couple more cheap ESC's for the tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDzWLcSqKjA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feViJF3-Z9I