RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:57 PM

DuelTruckDriver is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Okay guys, a small update for those who have been following along!

As I mentioned in some earlier posts, I was totally dissatisfied with stock fuel tank mounting methods that Wedico uses. I also didn't like the aftermarket solutions any better! So I've been working on making something up to better suit my needs and wants. It's been a trial, but I am making some headway!

Here are some Peterbilt tank saddles, which I tried to loosely base my design after. I took some rough measurements of a real tank saddle, and a few photos. I realized, while researching, that there are at least 3 different types of Peterbilt tank saddles, so I kind of combined the features I liked, and doing the best I could, with the limits of my skills, and my mill, I came up with this.

The saddle hasn't been cut free from the bar stock yet, but you can see what it will look like. I have to machine the other side yet, and then I'll separate the two saddles, but it gives you a good idea of where things are headed. This first saddle was more less a test piece. I have to see if I can duplicate it at least 4 more times! Thanks for looking!
Nathan, those brackets are freaky accurate man! That is some serious skills I wish I could do that level of work. And, the side steps are insane also! Man I hope you get fired up to us some more updates w/ pic's soon. >Marty<

Last edited by DuelTruckDriver; 05-05-2012 at 09:27 AM.