RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 990 cat loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Yes, exactly like that Freddy.

That 385 motor spins about 16 000rpm with a very high quality, high reduction gearhead, oodles of power for a twenty - thirty pound model... better than any crap from Servocity or Jameco or any other surplus motor store stateside.

It looks like Anaheim Automation may have some high quallity gh motors to pick from. What do you think of the gh motors you got for your scrapers Steve? (obviously too big to stand end to end within an aluminum axle for the loader, but quality wise?)
Careful Guys My D8 has motors that are 400 in/oz with no problems. Picked up these to try in my next project, 500 in/oz, ServoCity http://servocity.com/html/15_rpm_pre...ear_motor.html

greg

Last edited by RCLogger; 11-19-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 990 cat loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
Careful Guys My D8 has motors that are 400 in/oz with no problems. Picked up these to try in my next project, 500 in/oz, ServoCity http://servocity.com/html/15_rpm_pre...ear_motor.html

greg
Greg, I just received and test ran a motor I bought from Servocity today, as well. I bought the 20RPM spur gear motor (375 in/oz) and I am really impressed how smooth and quiet it runs. You really can't even tell this motor is running. Smooth as glass. I was really impressed, but I have no idea how much power 375 in/oz of torque will be. What voltage do you run on your motors? The standard seems to be 12 volts, but honestly, I test ran mine up to 18 volts and it seemed to not care one bit. It is so quiet, I was simply looking at the shaft spin, while I kept turning up the knob on the power supply I had it hooked to. When I looked to see how much voltage I was running through it, I was surprised I was well past 12 volts and the motor had no complaints!