RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Michigan Miniature Semi Truck Association

Old 12-09-2013, 03:27 AM

weemanch is on a distinguished road
Default active still?

Was wondering if this club was still active as i am from ohio, and trying to find something with the semi's since wanting to get back into the r/c hobby.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: active still?

We are always "active". Participation is encouraged here.

If you need info or direction, just look it up or ask (like you have been doing)

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 12-09-2013, 01:24 PM

weemanch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: active still?

Can do much else right now, other then ask questions or lurk like i've been doing. Since my back is still broken from a motorcycle accident.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:16 PM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road

Yes, we're still out here, but do to several factors have less active then we were. We are trying to get this going again, Jakebrake and a couple of the other guys any myself are still working to do this. Please watch this section for updates. I'm not in town right now, but hope to be back soon.

Thank you for looking at us for your club,

Jim
Old 09-22-2015, 11:01 AM

NickelPlate is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'd be interested in any meetings or events you guys have if still active. I'm currently working on my first build right now.

Thanks and Regards,

NP
Old 11-12-2015, 08:32 PM

Nickel Plate, yes we are still here just been very low profile. Everyone has been very busy at work and with life in general. A couple of the guys have participated in events around the country. We are still here please feel few to contact us through the forum on PM's.

Thank you for your interest,

Happy Trucking, enjoy,

Jim
Old 01-12-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackso5 View Post
Nickel Plate, yes we are still here just been very low profile. Everyone has been very busy at work and with life in general. A couple of the guys have participated in events around the country. We are still here please feel few to contact us through the forum on PM's.

Thank you for your interest,

Happy Trucking, enjoy,

Jim
Understood Jim. Well if you guys have any more events in the Michigan/Ohio area please post here.

Thanks!

NP
Old 05-07-2016, 11:40 PM

Lost_ Frequency is on a distinguished road

Are the Michigan guys still around and kicking??? I'm new to the big rigs and would like to meet up with some other people around the state to do some mini trucking!
Old 05-08-2016, 09:15 AM

"Lost" as the previous message indicates, we are still here, just "regrouping and rethinking what we're doing. I am back in town full time but recovering from some surgery and not able to do much of anything. Many of the guys are participating in other events that are posted here on the forum. There is a group in Ontario that is active as well and does post information here on the forum. The guys up in the Upper peninsula are also active, you can look up "SuperMario" here on this site.

I am available to offer advice and guidance if you'd like but I an not currently mobile and unable to drive due to my health, I live out in Brighton, Michigan if that would be of assistance you to. Also, if you ask any questions here on the forum, you will receive responses from the members, the will definitely respond and offer guidance.

Going forward we do plant to do some events in the lower portion of Michigan and hoping to include those mini truckers in Ontario as well. Please watch this forum for these upcoming simple start up types of events.

If you have questions please feel free to ask me, post them on the forum we'll all help you. You can reach me directly or Jake Brake though the "PM" function of this forum and we'll get back to you.

Regards, and thank you for reaching out to us at MMSTA for you mini trucking club.

Respectfully,

Jim
Old 05-08-2016, 08:23 PM

Thank you for the information Jim, my name is Thomas, if there is anything that I can do to help you out don't be shy to ask I live in Garden City so I'm only 25-30 minutes away from you, a few years ago I lived in Brighton I was at m36 and Chilson Road, I can't wait to meet up with everyone and do some trucking, I'm drawing up plans to make a set of gravel trains for my first trailer I also want to build a quad axle dump box, low boy and a scale 53' box trailer

Best regards,
Thomas
Old 05-09-2016, 10:56 AM

Thomas, great to hear from you. I'm just up at Lee Rd US 23. Keep in touch and we'll let you know when we are going to meet/gather, mostly at my house but we do move around a bit too, sometimes out near Mount Clemens. But just keep in touch. As far as the trailers go, reach out to Jake Brake on the forum he may have some information to assist you in building wheat you have talked about.

I'm trying to re-arrange my backyard to accommodate the trucks and equipment. I have several trucks, but no equipment yet, working on that, hoping to be able to do something this year before the ground gets hard again. Are you planning to go to "Indy"? I don't know if I'll be able to drive by then or not, but I think my son might go with me. Anyhow, Indy is a great place to meet people and see various types of builds, trucks and equipment.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or need for help, I'll do my best to assist you.

What trucks do you currently have or are building?

Thank you again for the contact, talk to you soon,

Happy Trucking,

Jim
Old 05-09-2016, 09:24 PM

What is the meet called in indy I would love to go!! Right now I don't have any trucks or equipment, my king hauler didn't come in the mail today but that will be my first truck then I'm going to build my own trailers for it, I'm not sure what trailer to build first but I have access to all the aluminum I want and a welder so the possibilities are open right now, what would you have for your first trailer? If you want some help in your backyard my weekend's are open and I wouldn't mind helping out fellow truckers I love getting dirty and building. I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a truck for herself but she says it's just an excuse to get another truck for myself lol I'm going to build my KH into a day cab and I'm thinking of giving it the full Kenworth treatment. I'm a forum junkie and there are tons of posts and info on here that will keep me busy. I'll make sure to keep checking on here for updates and meets.

Get better soon,
Thomas

Last edited by Lost_ Frequency; 05-09-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:02 PM

Hey Jim,

Glad to hear from you sorry about your health. Hope you get better soon. I live in Sylvania OH, not too far from Brighton so I'll look forward to getting together with all you guys at some point. Cheers!

Dave
Old 10-23-2017, 12:37 PM

Nickel-Plate, Hello again, I hope this finds you enjoying this great hobby.

I've been out for a long time now, due to working, then significant health concerns. Hoping that the health issues are done with, for the next 50-60 years, and I'm retired again due to the health concerns, so I'm hoping to renew the group with help from other people and maybe be able to get something going for next year, 2018. I know its a rebuilding process, but we have to start somewhere!

Anyhow, I'm in Brighton, so not too far from your area. I know there is a show coming up in PA in early November, hoping to make it if the Dr. releases me.

Hoping to get something going again,

Happy Trucking,

Jim