RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Michigan Miniature Semi Truck Association

Old 06-22-2011, 08:57 AM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road
Default MMSTA Monthly Meeting July 2011

Ok, any thoughts on what day to gather again in Brighton, Michigan to run our trucks? We have not selected a date for the meeting as yet and are looking for some input from other truckers in the area that may have interest in attending. I know that the Central Plains Club has an event on July 15/16 of July and I have a commitment on July 23. We don't want to schedule any conflicts, so I'd like some input from those that may be in the area, Michigan, from Lansing to Detroit, Toledo, etc. and may have interest in attending/participating. We are not fancy at this point and are just running our trucks/equipment in my driveway. For the equipment I have some "rubber mulch, kitty litter, and sand". We have a few buildings, and I'm "verrrrrry slowly" working on a loading dock. We have set up and small town, more like a "wide spot" in the road to run our trucks. Darryl provides the equipment, conveyor, and weight scale.

Remember, for now we run outside here. I can provide power for chargers, tables, etc. We are just re-starting this group and hope to build the number of truckers in the group. We'd like to hear from anyone with any interest in trucks or equipment. Our goal is to try to meet monthly to run and help each other with ideas, how-to's, and other points of interest surrounding this hobby. Theses monthly gatherings would be in addition to the larger meets put on by other clubs/groups in various locations around the country. Our only intent is to foster the desire of people that want to get into this hobby, so having monthly gatherings in a way to keep the "fires' burning. This is especially true for those that can not attend the larger show/gatherings in other parts of the country.

You can post your ideas/answers here or PM either Darryl or I with your thoughts. Lee is very busy with work and not available until later this summer to participate, so Darryl and I are taking the lead.

Thank you,

Jim

Last edited by jjackso5; 06-23-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Spelling Correction
Old 07-18-2011, 06:51 PM

Default Re: MMSTA Monthlly Meeting July 2011

Ok, spoke with Lee and Darryl, we're going to meet in Brighton on Saturday July 30th, 2011.
Timing: set up 9:00 to 10:00,
Run from 10:00 to 12:00,
Lunch 12:00 to 1:00,
run from 1:00 to 4:00
Clean up 4:00 to 4:30

This is just a guide, we can run as long as it's comfortable, remember we run outside. So you'll need to have water or something to drink. I've got facilities available for charging and comfort.

We'll look forward to hearing from those that plan to stop by to play with thier trucks and equipment here at Brighton. Let us know what you've got and will bring.

Thanks for looking,

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Default Re: MMSTA Monthly Meeting July 2011

Well the few, the brave, and the hot met on the 30th in Brighton. We had another potential new guy show up and immediately put a transmitter in his hand. Now we just have to reel him in! Weather was a bit warm, make that HOT! With the 4 of us we ran until about 2 pm and called it a day. We had fun, ran our trucks and took some measurements for a bridge for the group.

We'll post for next month later. If you'd like to join us drop me a pm or respond to this posting.

Thanks for looking,

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Green Horn

CrimsonCorsair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MMSTA Monthlly Meeting July 2011

photos???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.