RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 12-14-2017, 10:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
Haha once again i add more to my workload. Im so darn inconsistant. I need to finish things ive got going 1st before i start new ones. /facepalm. But at $27 au for 2 trucks it can sit in the cupboard with the bruder trucks.
LOL, so very true there. The one that just arrived me will sit fir a bit. The other one I just ordered, it'll sit for a bit too, once it FINALLY gets here.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

THANKS, again to Stein for his open source 3D files!

Remember earlier this summer, when I 3D printed all them parts? Well, the time has come to start using them. Today I started on the Bruder Mack conversion. The one that will be as close looking to the stock plastic truck as possible. I got the front steering assembly put together, & mocked up on the truck. Here's a couple pics of the progress so far.

unnamed (113) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (114) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 12-17-2017, 01:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here's a video of the Bruder Caterpillar D4 conversion pushing some rocks around in teh driveway. There's a point in the video, where I had to stop & make some adjustments on the radio settings. Since IDK how to edit video's......YET, there is a pause in the action. There is a LOT of background noise, as my residence is extremely close to Interstate 5.
https://youtu.be/qPp71u7zIqY
Old 12-17-2017, 01:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here's a lil viseo clip of the Bruder Skidsteer conversion at the rock pile today.
https://youtu.be/9L759igyseM
Old 12-17-2017, 01:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here's a lil clip of the Bruder Liebherr 574 loader conversion digging rocks. It only gets about 1/2 a bucket at a time. I'm a lil rusty at the controls. There are 2 servo wires that I need to swap, to make this thang operate as I'd like to.
https://youtu.be/hnA3hKr9EZc

Last edited by skeeter; 12-17-2017 at 01:22 AM. Reason: edited to add the correct video
Old 12-17-2017, 01:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Those 3 videos were re-shot today. As previously mentioned, I accidentally deleted the original videos of them. Of the 3 conversions in the above videos, the Bruder D4 conversion is my favorite one. It is the most functional/usable of them all.

The Bruder Liebherr 574 conversion will have to have a ramp to load a truck with it.

The Bruder Skidsteer conversion is lacking power in the bucket curl servo. It'd work alright in a screening plant scenario to move stuff from the plant. Perhaps later on, I'll re-do the bucket servo to a stronger servo. If it had a lil more bucket curl power, I think it'd be an alright conversion.

Last edited by skeeter; 12-17-2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: typos, of course
Old 12-18-2017, 03:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Today we acquired the new laptop so that we can start to learn Fusion 360. Also acquired was a new camera so we can take better quality pics, AND videos too. Since there is no work for me tomorrow, if the weather cooperates, I'll take the camera out, & try to shoot some better videos of my equipment.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well poop! I THOUGHT I remembered what I typed in to set the password to access the new laptop. Evidently I DIDN'T type what I thought I did Now I'm not able to get past the log-in screen!

The weather today DIDN'T cooperate, It was raining all day today. Too wet to take the camera and equipment out today.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

The videos look good. Wheel loader maybe looks a little light in the front?

Thanks for that link, now i've got an M-35 coming. That's a great price!

What's the laptop o/s? Some of the password screens aren't much of an issue.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thank-you sir. I hop the new camera will do even better vids.

YVW for the link. I like to be the bad influence for once. LOL

The OS is Windows 10. The bios was locked. I took it to the computer guru place. They had to remove the hard drive from it, & hook it to another computer to get past the password. It costs me $45 bux, $49.50, with tax to get em to unlock it. I've NO idea what a bios in a computer is, or does.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:01 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

No work again today, so I had a bit of time to tinker in the shop/garage. I took a few snaps with the NEW camera. HOPEFULLY they are better then the cell phone pics.

Today The DHL van arrived with a package fir me. The bucket from MagonHRC arrived for the Bruder L574 conversion.
IMG_0021 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0022 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0024 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I also made a lil progres of the Bruder D10 conversion. Not a lot, since it was already disassembled. I managed to sort the drive motors, & how to link them to the drive sprockets.Also was able to figure out how to re-mount the track side rail halfs, so that I could R&R them to secure the mounting bolts between the motors, & frame.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here's a few pics of the D10 conversion progress so far.

Here's how the side rails were re-attached after I removed them to mount the track srive motors
IMG_0010 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0014 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

The bolts securing the drive motors to the frame are 2/3 hidden when the track rails are re-mounted.
IMG_0010 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here's the hardware I used to link the drivemotor to the drive sprockets.
IMG_0016 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

How we put it together
IMG_0017 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0019 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0020 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

IMG_0018 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

That's all fir now
Old 12-22-2017, 05:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

GREAT news! My LHS knows a guy with cnc machines that does custom one of a kind RC parts fir a living. HOPEFULLY shortly after the newyear, I'll get a quote from him. I'm hoping to get the drive linkeage made as a solid piece. ONLY 1 grub screw to worry about working it's self loose that way. As is now, I have 4 to worry about, per side.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Today we made a lil progress on the Bruder Mack conversion project, the mostly plastic one. I finished building the rear wheel assembly. Having done the 4 drive motor system on the Buder Liebherr 574 wheeled loader, I'm not a huge fan. 4 motors uses too much battery life REALLY quickly. That said, I decided that I'd modify the design a bit, & ONLY use 2 drive motors on this project.
unnamed (116) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here's a pic of everything mocked up. NOTHING is bolted together....YET.
unnamed (115) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

SORRY for the crappy cell phone pics again. I didn't want to get out from in front of the heater to go get the camera in the house. I THOUGHT I took a snap of the truck, with the tandem axles mocked underneath it. IDK what I did with that pic. The one posted with single axle mocked underneath it is the ONLY pic I am able to find right now. Perhaps after the holiday, I'll get pic(s) of the

Last edited by skeeter; 12-25-2017 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Edited to add the last paragraph
Old 12-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Skeeters contracting services

Coming along nicely
Old 12-25-2017, 02:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Merry Christmas to all!

Norhtern Farmer, Thank-you sir. Yes, it's slowly coming together. It's like everything else I do, I CAN'T work on one project for too long, before I need to move on to something else fir a bit.

I took a video today of the Bruder D4 conversion plowing snow today. Once it FINALLY gets uploaded to YouTube, I'll have a link to it. The weather here has been reeking havoc with the internet connection today.

Here's the link to the video, as promised. It still has a few minutes before it'll be live.
https://youtu.be/oy3mrXqzVsY

Last edited by skeeter; 12-25-2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: edited to add video link
Old 12-25-2017, 03:10 PM

ditchdigger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
GREAT news! My LHS knows a guy with cnc machines that does custom one of a kind RC parts fir a living. HOPEFULLY shortly after the newyear, I'll get a quote from him. I'm hoping to get the drive linkeage made as a solid piece. ONLY 1 grub screw to worry about working it's self loose that way. As is now, I have 4 to worry about, per side.
Your grub screws, file flat spots on the shafts & locktite the screws... drip the blue locktite on the threads & let dry before installing, creates more than enough resistance to hold & no worries breaking tools or stripping heads later to take apart again.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I tried that. I DON'T think the sidewalls are strong enough with the tubing I used. Where it meets the motor, that one screw is my problem child. It keeps coming loose, even with locktite! I've ordered thicker sidewall tubing. When it gets here, I'm going to try it out. If htat doesn't work, I'm thinking about trying to drill & tap threads into the motors shaft. Gives the grub screw a something to go into that way, & take a lil stress off of the tubing sidewalls. I'm not sure if I can even manage to drill & thread the motor shaft, with the basic hand tools that I have at my disposal.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:43 PM

ditchdigger is on a distinguished road

Drilling thru shaft might weaken it too much. Instead you could add a 2nd set screw 60 degrees from original. Before threading, use the hole as a guide to drill a shallow holevinto shaft.

Last edited by ditchdigger; 12-25-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

When the new tubing arrives, I will try the second grub screw idea. I think that may work, & work much gooder then the original idea I was thinking of using. Thanks fir that idea.