RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Michigan Miniature Semi Truck Association

Old 03-31-2011, 07:02 PM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road
Default Michigan Miniature Semi Truck Association

We are located in southeastern Michigan and are an R/C semi truck and construction equipment club here in this area. We hope to draw from both the local and surrounding area of michigan and even the surrounding states. If you have interest in building and operating scale radio controlled models of semi truck and construction equipment please contact us either through the forum or using the PM system through this forum.

Thank you for looking,

Jim
Old 04-14-2011, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Michigan Miniature Semi Truck Association

Thought I'd show some of the pictures from the past meetings that we had at our Brighton location. We have met outside, based on the weather, using my driveway and set up a very basic layout using what was available to memic the facilities we needed. These pictures were from a couple of years back. I'm sure that one of the other guys has some additional pictures that I hope they'll share as well. I'm hopeful that we can get this going and build on what we've already started. We'd like to try to get together once a month, this could be in additiona to the "regional shows/meets", but let us talk truck and equipment and play with our stuff more than just the shows. It also give us the opportunity to "test" our new trucks before the "regional shows/meeting" so we'll know they perfrom to our expectations.

Happy trucking...

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00356.jpg (93.6 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00367.jpg (88.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00378.jpg (84.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00361.jpg (94.4 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00368.jpg (92.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 AM

We are planning a meeting/run time at the Brighton location for Saturday May 7, 2011. Targeted time: set up 10:00 am, run from 11:00 am to 3 or 4 pm. We'd brake for lunch between 12 and 1 pm. Let me know what you think. If you are thinking of attending please contact myself, Lee, or Darry via PM and we can provide directions. We have facility for both running on dirt or concrete depending on what driver will want to do. We also have facilities for the drivers for charging etc.

We'll look forward to seeing you then....

Jim
Old 05-02-2011, 08:11 AM

Ok, the weather looks like it's going to cooperate for Saturday. Forecast is for mid-60's, cool in the morning, but warming up. I'll keep watching through the week and post if something looks like it is changing for the worst. We meet and run outdoors so dress accordingly.

We would like to hear from anyone that is planning to attend. You can either PM myself, Darryl, or Lee for directions.

We're going to try to have both some "rubber" to use along with some "litter" and maybe even some screened dirt to try. We'll have a platform for a loading dock, some buildings, etc. If you've got some type of building or other type of structure please bring them if possible.

I'll send out a separate reminder via e-mail to those that I've received thier information.

We'll look forward to seeing you and getting our group going here in Michigan.

Thank you, happy trucking....

Jim
Old 05-09-2011, 11:24 AM

Well the weather cooperated and it was a very nice warm spring day. We had 4 guys and 1 junior trucker show up. This was approximately 8 trucks, 1 loader, and 1 excavator. We also had several trailers for use as well. One of the guys was a completely new member that now has the "bug".He spent alot of time driving truck/trailer combinations. He negotiated several of the smaller routes with the truck/trailer combo and didn't even scratch the paint! I'm sure his ride home was filled with more mental notes about what truck are available, where to find them, and how long it takes to get one and build them! By the way, when he arrived he indicated that he wanted to build a crane and wasn't really thinking of the truck too much! Well, I'm glad he's thinking about a truck, or two now!

Even though we had a loader, we did miss one thing, a dump truck. My truck still isn't completed so we did not move any material this time, but we will at the next meeting.

We agreed that we would schedule another get together around the first part of June. That way anyone that is going to the East coast event can "debugg" thier truck/equipment before they go. We'll plan to meet again in Brighton, Michigan the date will be confirmed in a few days.

If anyone has a layout or plans for a "loading dock/terminal" I would appreciate thier help. I would like to assemble something that I can transport if necessary and store in the garage/shed.

I received information for a bridge recently too, so in the future we may have a nice little area to run in. Even some of the neighbors came by to see what the big sounds were.

I'll post pictures from our meeting later, thank you again to those that were able to come over. I'll hope to see you again, and even some new faces.

Thank you,

Jim
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 AM

jimkidmotorsports is on a distinguished road

hay jim im in the waterford area and am getting into building a big dozer and need a source for geared motors they need some big power it will weigh like 70lbs when done thanks for any help