RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Michigan Miniature Semi Truck Association

Old 05-31-2011, 08:17 AM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road
Default MMSTA Meeting Saturday June 4, 2011, Brighton, Michigan

We'll here we are again, first of another month. We are going to schedule a get together in Brighton, Michigan for Saturday, June 4, 2011. This will be both a group/club fun run and a chance for those going to the ECLC event to check out thier equipment before they make the trip to New Jersey.

Timing: set up: 10:00 am to 10:30 am
Running: 10:30 am to 12:00 noon
Lunch Break: Noon to 1:00 pm (your on your own for lunch)
Running: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm

Lets try something a bit different in the afternoon. In addition to just running we could set up a "driver's course" and see who can navigate the course with just the tractor and then both the tractor and trailer, what do you think?

If you plan to attend, please post or send me an e-mail. If you don't know where we are located either PM myself, Darryl, or Lee and we can provide directions.

The weather is supposed to be very warm, near 90, so plenty of water. I'll see if we can find a tent to set up as well, but no promises. Remember we meet outside here, so we need to aware of the weather conditions. I've got charging capabilities, and some shade.

Thank you for considering MMSTA, we'll look forward to hearing from you,

Jim
Old 06-06-2011, 05:37 PM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MMSTA Meeting Saturday June 4, 2011, Brighton, Michigan

The weather was good, a bit warm and slightly humid but we had a few guys and trucks. Darryl was here with a couple of new "project trucks" that he hopes to have ready for the Indy Show. He also had his MACK Tow truck.

We set up in the driveway as we have been doing. Ron, one of our new members helped get things set up and out from the basement. We ran and talked trucks for several hours, until mid-afternoon. by then the heat was getting to us.

Ron did a short video from his phone, just to show we actually ran the trucks. I'll try to get it posted later.

So we are making progress, but slowly. Ron is actively looking for a truck, John is also looking for a vehicle. I'm working on my trucks, tanks, and layout projects, Darryl is working on many projects and layout projects as well.

We hope to hear for other people in the area that share the same interest in the scale semi trucks and equipment as we do.

Thank you,

Jim