RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 09-23-2012, 03:50 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Hauling dirt outside yesterday with the KH & pup and GL w/belly dump.. blew the pinion out in the middle axle of the GL while ascending to the window; just replaced one on the green GL dump trk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwG6AhppnBg

Joe
Old 09-30-2012, 02:59 PM
BANNED

I got started digging the trench for my crib wall this week. I'm having to cheat a bit with the use of a chisel bar to keep the trench square on the sides, as the 850 doesn't have the nutts to cut sideways.

http://youtu.be/kDrezlv5epE

Joe
Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 PM

sandfarmer is on a distinguished road

I'm new here, you have successfully killed about the last 3 nights of my life LOL! Run machinery all day farming and come home and watch machinery run all night, I may have a problem...keep up the good work!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:24 PM
BANNED

You're welcome or I'm sorry?

Thanx, glad to hear you find them entertaining.

Making pretty good headway with the trenching this week, biggest bolder so far is about the size of a softball, dig it out with the chisel bar. One post in, three more to go & add the 5/8 pws sheet.

Joe
Old 10-27-2012, 06:05 PM

wingnut163 is on a distinguished road

hi joe, didn't know it was you when you welcomed me on the new post. you changed your sign in. i see your still clearing out your basement, **** its 5 years or more now.

skip
Old 10-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

I am out of the loop Joe, whats the trench for ?

greg
Old 10-27-2012, 10:28 PM
BANNED

Well you must remember that I always had the LilGiantsConstrCo name sake on my trks & equipment for more than decade Skip? Nobody else in the world uses the same name, hobby or IRL. The basement dig started 8yrs ago, but the last 4yrs it has slowed down greatly after becoming the sole operater of the farm & well, trying to make it last as long as possible.

Greg, I'm digging in the last four posts of the remaining part of the south wooden crib wall. Then I'll be backfilling the air gap. After that's done, then I think I'll start digging down 18" for more headroom.. that should give me another yr or so in the basement before I have nothing left to do.

Joe
Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 PM

wingnut163 is on a distinguished road

your so right joe. i did not remember it until i read LilGiantsContsrCo, then i remembered.
guess i'll have to clam a senior moment.

skip
Old 10-30-2012, 02:44 PM

edwalsh18 is on a distinguished road

Hey joe i was watching some of your videos and the cam from cab view is.really cool! Thanks for sharing them. You ever think about getting a wireless cam setup to your tv and operate machines from your living room couch? That would be pretty cool.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:20 AM
BANNED

Really?! I get dizzy watching those in cab vids, life size or model.

I have no interest in video remote, especially running trks at dangerous heights and trying to judge distance thru a video monitor. But by all means, feel free to show me how it's done Ed.

Tonite I finally completed building the last 10 feet of wooden crib wall.

Posts in

Move a post to slip the 5/8's sheets through

Precut skyway

And wal la Ready for work!

And backfill the trench too

I've got another new member to the fleet, just for this very application of back filling, if it'll fit.. it'll be a couple weeks waiting for parts in the mail to finish it.

Joe
Old 11-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Joe With the new addition and all the big equipment you have now you will be doing more than just dropping the floor 18 inchs... You will be making underground parking for you truck and quad ! ! !

Cheers

greg
Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 PM
BANNED

A pile of fines in the SE corner (last yr this time it was a deep hole 6x3x4 feet). Quite a bit of this will go in behind the crib wall.

The last couple wks I have been cleaning out this dirt from under the west porch, this was wet dirt from the SW wall that I mined away last winter. Bone dry now & crush it into fines.

Haul that dirt over here so I can use my screener bucket, pile the screenings in the box and dump the lumps into the bellydump to haul to the crusher.

Using lil Red Freddybilt, fashioned up a tailgate lock from a paperclip, so now I can load 'er up & climb the wall without loosing half the load along the way.

Upgraded the radio in the JD850 today. Now I got sliders on each side of the tx to control the tracks (sweet control!) & I put my r/c quick coupler (manufactured by Azonic) back on (had to remove it when I built the screener bucket b/c I was out chs with the DX8). This radio has four proportional chs on the sticks, two 2pos, seven 3pos, two sliders & a knob. The rx is 9ch; a different device called X-Plus is needed to get the other 9chs. I don't need the X-Plus at this time. I'm using three of the 3pos switches for dual rates on the bucket, stick & swing. A 3pos switch & the knob are the only two chs not currently in use.

I built this bench 1.5 yr ago to elevate my stool when I was excavating the SW dirt wall, it has now become quite a handy temporary workbench to work on the JD850.

Getting pretty full of goodies under the hood - Sabertooth 2x25 for the tracks, Sabertooth 2x12 for the swing & screener bucket, Eflite 40amp esc for hyd pump, 2pos esc for the quik coupler, ect...

I wore out another Carson 4:1 box in my KH dump trk & pup, so today I put a 3:1 gear in the dual motor coupler. With the 4:1 I rarely used 1st b/c it was so slow! Now that it will be faster with 3:1 reduction, I changed radios from a DX6i to a DX7s (paired now with the Stahl wheel loader) to make use of the only 3pos switch for the trans. DX6i doesn't have a 3pos switch. These Spektrum radios are Awesomeness! Be it a different radio now, but still the same AR6110e rx.

Lots more lil giants to hit the workbench for repairs & upgrades.. gonna be a busy winter for fixing!

Joe
Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Green Horn

elliot330 is on a distinguished road

Nice radio Joe... now you have one for the whole fleet.

Any reason you went for the hand held version compared the tray?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:34 PM
BANNED

When I was at the St Louis meet last month I held Nate's (pigeonfarmboy) DX10t and didn't like its ergonomics - the sticks were too far inward. I prefer to operate with my thumbs, steadying my hands by holding the edge of the radio with my fingers... I'm getting old(er) and hate change!

I like the DX18, it fits my hands perfectly! All the switches & sliders are within easy reach too.

Joe
Old 11-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Green Horn

I can understand where you are coming from... the DX10t is wide and only really designed to be held on a harness. I've ran out of mixes on my DX10 - I really need your software in my radio :-)
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I'll have to check the 18 out . I didn't know it had sliders I'm gona need that for the twins Nice to see the lil red cracker box get so haul time . When you say sliders , is there another pot on the left like on the right on the dx8 ? It's hard to tell from pics .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:08 PM
BANNED

Is it six mixes for the DX10t? What are doing with that tx to need so many Elliot?

Steve, pot - as in knob? No, just one of them right side.

There's a rotary slider on both the upper right & left side. I'm using right for/rev - left for turning.

I've been trying to figure out how to program some deadband on the sliders, they're pretty touchy.

Overall, the DX18 has to be the sweetest & easiest radio I've ever had to program!

Joe
Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Is it six mixes for the DX10t? What are doing with that tx to need so many Elliot?

Steve, pot - as in knob? No, just one of them right side.

There's a rotary slider on both the upper right & left side. I'm using right for/rev - left for turning.

I've been trying to figure out how to program some deadband on the sliders, they're pretty touchy.

Overall, the DX18 has to be the sweetest & easiest radio I've ever had to program!

yea I just saw that , At 800.00 usd that may be in my near future before the 10 . I checked Nates to . Even with my big hands , it seems to cumbersome .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
How long you got!!

Yes it only has 6 mixes

The 1st 4 mixes are mixed from Pump to Boom, stick, bucket and adjustable boom.

I then need 4 more to control the demolition grab with the little switches on the stick.. and I'd also "like to control the tracks with the gimbles as well... but I've got no mixes left.

Quote:
In your instance Joe, I'd program flight mode for tracking to site and then a flight mode for digging.

In the tracking flight mode, I'd mix the throttle and elevator sticks to drive the tracks kinda like a tank? I think it would offer better control than the sliders? Just a thought and what I want to do!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Green Horn

Joe - How many 2 pos and 3 pos switches do you have?