RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:21 AM

Jakyat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KW c500 double set back tandem tandem 8X8 help

Another trial run. This time i'm testing the ginpoles.
http://youtu.be/ixDz9mx9Pgk
Old 02-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road

Looks like they do a good job. That truck is just incredible overall, nice work.

Chris
Old 12-28-2015, 12:45 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I remember you had posted a question in the tech forum about correcting winch creep from your continuous rotation servos... I think I found a solution for you, if you haven't already solved it; the product is made in Burnaby, BC.

http://www.freewebstore.org/HeyOK-Pe...2_8013975.aspx

Joe
Old 12-28-2015, 07:22 PM

That is an interesting link. I have checked into it and I am placing an order. I also found in there site, external bec that scalers use for steering servos. They are plug and play, and they would allow me to draw my power for both rotational servos for the winch from a separate power source w/o drawing through my esc. Thank you for the great link.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: KW c500 double set back tandem tandem 8X8 help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I remember you had posted a question in the tech forum about correcting winch creep from your continuous rotation servos... I think I found a solution for you, if you haven't already solved it; the product is made in Burnaby, BC.

Good find Joe Going to order
Old 12-28-2015, 10:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I wonder if they would run my truck dump beds?

Sorry for getting your thread off topic...
Old 12-29-2015, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I wonder if they would run my truck dump beds?

Sorry for getting your thread off topic...
lol!! that's no problem at all Reg. As you can see, I haven't been on in a long time. As a matter of fact, I think its kinda ironic and funny, that I just happened to pop on the same day that Joe had left his comment.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakyat View Post
Thank you for the great link.
You're welcome... but kudos goes to Kalle (Azonic) for the find, as this is where he sourced the timed esc for my quick coupler on track hoe from, I've been having trouble with it lately & either need this guy to reprogram it for me or supply me with a new one.

Joe
Old 01-21-2017, 05:48 PM

Good day to all!
As you all can see, it has been a year since I have posted anything on here. I have had my project put away. I have recently got back to work on it. All I really have left is all the detail work 😖.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3977.jpg (157 Bytes, 125 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4095.jpg (157 Bytes, 124 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3976.jpg (157 Bytes, 124 views)
Old 01-21-2017, 05:57 PM

I am now onto the lighting and I am turning to you guys for help. By the time its all said and done, there should be close to 30 leds running on 4 different channels. Im using 3 volt leds. I have purchased some receiver activated switches and will be using the x-plus module withmy dx 18 tx. Rather than trying to figure out which resistors i will need, I would like to supply the x-plus with its own power source to effectively power the leds without resistors. Doing it this way, I should be able to turn lights on and off with the toggle switches on my tx.
My problem is, I don't know how much power i need to feed the expansion module. Im looking for feedback from you guys. I don't have enough room to install a mfu.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:19 PM

Old 01-21-2017, 09:26 PM

Old 01-21-2017, 11:06 PM

blitzk is on a distinguished road

Very nice detail work, looks great!!!
Old 01-22-2017, 02:53 AM

Talking Re: KW c500 double set back tandem tandem 8X8 help

Quote:

Joe, if you get this....and anyone else that mayb be interested, I have finally tried this mofset controller. Wow. 1st, id like to say ; Amazing service!! I didn't feel comfortable doing this mod myself, so I disassembled my winch module and sent both my winch drive servos out to Burnaby. Mr. Jackson with Heyok did the mod for me and l had my servos back within 8 days from the time I dropped them in the mailbox. He installed his 4amp switch into each servo. This modification allows you to draw power directly from the battery bypassing the esc. The first time i tried my winch, the hook snagged in my frame rail and broke my winchline which is rated for 80lbs��!!! unbelievable!! It always pulled hard but wow. The problem i was having was no brake in neautral position. (Winch creep). It still creeps a bit at about 20 lbs, which is fine. I can live with that.
This is my winch module(a year ago). You can see the two continuous servos mounted under the drum, both with 1" servo gears which drive the gears on either side of the drumm. All of this hardware came from servocity.

Last edited by Jakyat; 01-22-2017 at 02:58 AM. Reason: More to explain
Old 01-22-2017, 03:02 AM

Talking Re: KW c500 double set back tandem tandem 8X8 help

Quote:

Joe, if you get this....and anyone else that mayb be interested, I have finally tried this mofset controller. Wow. 1st, id like to say ; Amazing service!! I didn't feel comfortable doing this mod myself, so I disassembled my winch module and sent both my winch drive servos out to Burnaby. Mr. Jackson with Heyok did the mod for me and l had my servos back within 8 days from the time I dropped them in the mailbox. He installed his 4amp switch into each servo. This modification allows you to draw power directly from the battery bypassing the esc. The first time i tried my winch, the hook snagged in my frame rail and broke my winchline which is rated for 80lbs😮!!! unbelievable!! It always pulled hard but wow. The problem i was having was no brake in neautral position. (Winch creep). It still creeps a bit at about 20 lbs, which is fine. I can live with that.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Looks good! Have you got any different contact info about the mod. The link you give is dead for me.
Thanks.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
Looks good! Have you got any different contact info about the mod. The link you give is dead for me.
Thanks.
Try this. https://www.freewebstore.org/HeyOK-Performance
If that doesn't work, i just google search "heyok" and it will take you directly to his webstore.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:10 PM
BANNED

Good to see you back at it Jakyat, nice work on the tire chains, looks like quite tedius work but the end result looks fantanstic! Good to hear you got your winch working to your liking, HeyOK has many nifty electronic gadgets to pick from & great service too. My current limiter device for the quick coupler has been working perfectly too for nearly a yr.

Joe
Old 01-24-2017, 12:32 AM

Hey Joe,
Yes that link definitely paid off. Problem solved. The tire chains; I'm not sure if tedious is the word, lol. It took me 7 -8 hrs to build that chain. 3 more just like it + 2 steer chains left to go. Very challenging for my fat little fingers..... making sure there is no twists in any of the links. Will be next to impossible to actually install them, but will definitely add to the detail of realism just having them hung on the side of the truck. Im nearing the end. I have a professional static builder building me a 4' long wellsite shack for a load to haul. I then need to build a scissorneck tri- lo and a winch tractor. I have enough of the oem parts from my kinghauler to get a good start on the tractor. Would be way more interesting if there was more of us truck builders in our area.