RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2013, 12:24 AM

TheManCave is on a distinguished road
Default Ford Aeromax 6x6 Log Truck

First off im new to this site and probably will get flamed some for my fab skills on this one, but it was just something that started off as an idea and before I knew it was done and ready for testing. I started with two highlift frames, cut them to length ( only had 5" left of both frames ) modified a highlift axle into a double output, lengthened a stock primary to secondary axle dogbone, used an 8" rc4wd punisher shaft from the tranny to the primary drive, and a short shaft from the highlift 3spd to the front axle.
As for electronics I used an Integy 45x1t motor with a Novak Rooster Crawler speedo dual axial as-2 servos for steering and shifting, with a 2s lipo ( nimh for testing ) and is controlled by my Spektrum dx3c and sr300 radio. The floor pan was modified to sit farther forward to line up with the stock front bumper body mounts and I trimmed the tank fairings for tire clearance. Last but not least I added my homebrew log bunk that was made to fit the 5th wheel holes on a standard Tamiya semi and bolted it down to the frame. Enough talk here some pics, as this is an ever evolving project.

Couple test run shots