RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Green Horn

Vanisle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

I guessed tank fuel supports .. in my head.

Re the Omega Drill, I was amazed at how well the Omega Drill worked. I first flattened the top of the broken endmill with an expensive endmill purpose made for it and then used the Omega Drill. It didn't drill through the endmill like butter but it went through without too much difficulty. I bought it from MSC for about $20 and it is well worth it. I thought about buying the set but in the end did not. I believe the smallest size is 5/64. This may not be small enough for some broken off taps (because the ones that break tend to be smaller than that) but at least you could drill them out, fill with JB Weld and re-dril/tap which is better than leaving a broken tap in your part.

Gotta love a DRO for nice even spacing. You have a DRO PROS or am I remembering wrong? I had one on my Grizzly G0704 but sold it with the mill. Actually it was a new replacement because I had a problem with the readout. I have an Anilam Wizard 1000 now and love it (bought it for something like 55% off at Enco last year).