RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:44 AM

Ekimjr is on a distinguished road
Default half round dump build

so for the alst few weeks i have been awaiting things to fall into place to get all the pieces i need for my half-round dump build to start and finally got everything yesterday...... do not try and cut a 5 foot by 6 in peice of pipe with a hack saw unless you have eaten your wheaties lol it took forever but its done needs some dressing up but it will do for mach up still working one the axles and ride height to get everything the way i want before i start drilling everything ... but bigger issues have arrived while working on my light kit found that i lost the entire right side of my tx and its all old as dirt crystal stuff so needless to say its time any ways but was trying to hold out so the trailer savings have stopped and the new elec. fund has started lol ... any who does any one have any good tid bits on actuators or lifting options it would be helpful

ill post some pics when i get a chance to sneak out ..... wife is in labor may be a bit but i look forward to hearing from all of you

stetson
Old 05-17-2014, 02:33 AM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: half round dump build

Hey Stetson, can't wait to see the build! (I also responded to your question on Facebook btw) as for lifting mechanism only two options I would recommend would be either hydro or screw drive.... Screw drives are more consistent and def have the power if you get the right stuff, while hydro def has the power without a doubt, and you can also get some consistency but you cannot cut corners or go the cheap route when it comes to hydro and a lot of the guys on the forum who deal with hydro can tell you that first hand.... Honestly it comes down to preference, price, and maintenance! Good luck, post pics!
Old 05-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Green Horn

ekim is on a distinguished road

PRICE is always the biggie with me...... I am a poor old working man....price is always comes first....
Old 05-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Green Horn

ekim is on a distinguished road

Hey kiddo,,,you are farther along than I am, I still have to finish the King Hauler..... start the lowboy.... only after I finish the tilt trailer that WERX RC wanted........ uuggghh!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Were you cutting pvc pipe? I can give pointers on that finger pinching stuff!
Cheers, Neil.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:46 PM

thanks brain i think i probably go with the lift lest up keep and i need that with the kiddo on the way soon... neil, no i was cutting 6 in aluminum pipe with a modeling hack saw it was to late for me to use the bandsaw with out upsetting the neighbors 10pm lol it had like a 6 in blade but i could only cut about four inches before i had to cut across to get another cut started lol and yes dad i know i am farther than you being as that I am trying to piece this together in hours to get an idea i dont have a wife that banishes me to the outdoors.....praying for that lol but nay who guys i have to the phone charged up so i can post some pics later

thanks again
stetson
Old 05-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Ooh, gonna be a shiney bed

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:19 PM

lol i probably gunna paint it lol but might get the patients to shine it lol