RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: LR634 has arrived!

That is a great looking machine. The parts and components that make up the kit look like high quality items. Are the smaller, black idler wheels made from plastic? No bearings or bushings in them, so I would guess they have to be some sort of harder plastic. Same as the tracks? Also, hard to tell, but does the larger aluminum idler/tensioner wheel for the tracks have a ball bearing or bushing in it? Just curious about dirt getting into all the workings of the tracks. Haven't heard of any complaints. Seems like a robust machine. You are making me want one more and more!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That is a great looking machine. The parts and components that make up the kit look like high quality items. Are the smaller, black idler wheels made from plastic? No bearings or bushings in them, so I would guess they have to be some sort of harder plastic. Same as the tracks? Also, hard to tell, but does the larger aluminum idler/tensioner wheel for the tracks have a ball bearing or bushing in it? Just curious about dirt getting into all the workings of the tracks. Haven't heard of any complaints. Seems like a robust machine. You are making me want one more and more!
The idler wheels are hardened steel, the tracks are made out of graphite (Fancy name for hard plastic , if you are into RC racing cars you'll know what kind of material, very strong unless you drop the model then you may break one. Apart from the teeth and tracks everything else on the chassis is metal, the larger aluminum wheel has some sort of slick press on bushing with a sleeve that is an exact fit on the pin and it spins very freely. So i don't think dirt will be an issue. Just get one already...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....
Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 AM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the good pics ive been looking at one of these since I saw Scott's at Indy. I think I will definitely order one. Keep us posted.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Apprentice

Ok , well soo much for that "gonna think about paint color for awhile" ...I am a huge fan of orange, and while I know this company does not have a tracked loader, maybe they will reconsider after they will see mine .
Here you have it, Doosan orange, the tracks and undercarriage will be gloss black. But I have to get to bed since the sun is up.

Thanks for looking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MoRockN; 12-11-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Looking good, MoRockN. Thanks for the information on the track wheels. I appreciate it. I'm glad to see someone sharing a detailed thread on one of these track loaders. I guess I better start saving my money!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Congrats on the new model ! Thanks for posting the photo's as well, looks like alot of fun putting that one together..
Keep us posted, it loks as though there will be some video soon...

greg
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 PM

sandfarmer is on a distinguished road

Looking GREAT! Thanks for the detailed build photo's, feels like I'm there lol!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Apprentice

Ok fellas , found a few free hours and did just a little bit more work. Still have to paint the grey portion on the cab, needs to be orange also. But starting to look more like a loader now. Here is where I'm at for now, might be a few days before I can do more.

I turned off the iPhone flash so you can see the color better

Thanks for looking!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Boy, your paint job looks flawless. Any tips on that finish? It looks really nice.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

Amazing as usual. Cant wait to see it in person.... I will have one someday...
MBR
Eddie
Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Apprentice

Thanks guys ! The tip to a good paint job is patience , light coats at first , about 3 or so, then heavy coats after that, took about 24hrs after to be safe to the touch. Flow of the can and hand is key. You gotta be smooth with left and right , up and down can movement, spray too much and it runs, too little and it looks warped. I never polish my paint or wet sand it. But who sands a working machine,,,?? Lol

Old 12-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well your painting technique certainly works! I wouldn't wet sand or polish a model like this either. Sometimes I think a clear gloss coat actually detracts from a paint job, and it covers the details, making them loose their sharp edges, if you know what I mean. In it's own way, the model will get sanded, with use!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Apprentice

A few minutes that I had free for my self I used to do some more minor stuff, got the pump and valve block mounted to the plate, one thing about this new brushless pump is the size, a lot shorter and very nice looking, the oil filter is a bit smaller also which gives you plenty of free room , no oil yet just test fitting the lines and stuff. I also got all the small plastic parts painted, I use a hot glue gun to secure all the bits into a scrap piece of plastic so they're easy to paint, I find it very helpful ( patent pending )

I also made a pit stop and picked up this bad boy on my way home. Got tired of waiting to charge batteries and having to use 2 chargers. Now with 2 spare chargers I can have 6 batteries charging at once.... Hells yeah

Thanks Eddie for the idea and pushing me to buy one. Glad I did .

Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Boy that hydraulic system is small! At least smaller then I expected it would be. Good news, because space looks pretty tight in this model. You're going to have to let me how you like that HiTec charger. I had been looking at it too, thinking it seems pretty darn nice.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Apprentice

My buddy Eddie has this charger and he LOVES it! He's even got 3cells and some big batteries for his models and he said this is the best charger he's ever had, so I got one .

Old 12-17-2012, 09:21 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

PFB had one these chargers at St Louis last Oct, all four ports used non-stop for 12hrs straight & not one hiccup! We would have been dead in the water in no time without it! What are you using for a power supply?

Joe
Old 12-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Green Horn

caterpillar is on a distinguished road

wow, that is looking great! awesome paint job! This is a leimbach pump right? Is the filter not imbedded? I was told by leimbach that I do not need a separate filter...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Apprentice

Joe, the charger comes with built in power supply, so no need for an external one. The paint scheme is from a Doosan , it's the actual exact color, and I'm making the decals to go with it as well. All the pumps need an oil filter , they don't have a built in one

Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

I have the X1 but i havnt fully figured it out yet.... heard they are awesome chargers though!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterpillar View Post
wow, that is looking great! awesome paint job! This is a leimbach pump right? Is the filter not imbedded? I was told by leimbach that I do not need a separate filter...
YA BETTER PUT 1 ON else you'd be 16 hrs away from the shop with no spare belt or other parts for the pump .