RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 02-01-2023, 12:48 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

That front half took all day to wrestle that stiff hose in place & not kink any, then lock the axle down in place. Sure hope I don’t have any leaks.

Starting to look like something now.

I installed the rear axle yrs ago & realized today I must’ve used bolts a bit too long on the pivot parts that attach to axle, both wheels are locked up.

Joe
Old 02-07-2023, 07:17 AM
BANNED

Made good progress on the WA500 last week, got the bottom half pretty much finished, everything working, haven’t put oil in it just yet. Now working on the top half.. cutting, filing, sanding, fitting; hope to start painting midweek.

Joe
Old 02-07-2023, 03:06 PM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road

That upper section looks like it fits like a glove....really nice work...
Old 02-08-2023, 06:56 PM
BANNED

Indeed Jerry, Frank Preisendorfer of Fumotec is a world class master modeller with the kits he produces, I think he’s closing in on 30yrs in the biz and every kit he puts out, all the pieces fit together precisely to not only look 1:scale but also be robust & durable for 1000s of hrs of trouble free enjoyment. Also, his customer service is AAA+

Todays work has been hrs of sanding with 220 grit to smooth out mold lines & rough up the Glass Fiber Resin surface so the paint sticks well.

Joe
Old 02-09-2023, 05:40 AM
BANNED

Made a bolt-on straight cutting edge for the bucket.

Luv my Milwaukee cordless tools.. this one worked great with 80 grit to shine the surface rust off the steel detail parts & smooth out the flash edges from laser cutting.

Metal etch primer coat

The metal detail parts fit into the indents in the body, a very clever way to add detail to this 13 yr old kit.

Joe
Old 02-20-2023, 05:07 PM
BANNED

Got WA500 loader finished last week.

This loader has a #4002 Jung pump in it, at full speed on 3s it would be about 1L/min volume. Currently EPA is 40%, which is as slow as I can go without motor chatter, the hyds move plenty quick. Need to make a trip to the city soon for some 2s lipos, that might be the answer to get this model to run at more scale speed.

https://youtu.be/sqO55VpVFBs

Joe
Old 03-03-2023, 04:25 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe,

Great to see another uopdate from you!

How you finding the new WA470 compared to the older WA500?
Old 03-04-2023, 08:25 PM
BANNED

Both WA500, Stahl & Fumotec have a motor at each wheel, by far the best way to have a wheel loader for instant power to the ground. And you can see the notable size difference, the Fumotec WA500 is best suited to the B50, the only dump trk I use anymore.

Joe
Old 03-04-2023, 11:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Great looking new machine! Looks like it's going to be a beast

How's the digging?
Old 03-09-2023, 02:05 PM
BANNED

It is a good size loader, perfect for filling the B50 adts but I got some kinks to work out of it yet.

It’s been awhile since any activity in the basement, last spring I decided to remove all the dirt from around the edges in back room of shop & replace it with stone chips. Not much left to dig out, then finish adding chips.

I have a huge pile of dirt lumps & rocks to run thru the crusher, then screen the smaller lumps to then run a finer crusher so it’s all powder, perfect for distribution in the yard with the cross dumps.

<url='https://postimg.cc/zHVQWZhj][/url]

Monster pile of fines already.

Joe
Old 03-09-2023, 02:31 PM
BANNED

New piece of machinery from Fumotec showed up yesterday, D71-24 Komatsu dozer, beautiful model, entirely different from the earlier D65 version.

https://youtu.be/9PsWNIRoR1w

Smooth/level out the fines pile this afternoon.

Joe
Old 03-14-2023, 04:42 PM
BANNED

The darnedest things happen to me, not just with these models either .. look at the top left thru the hole, bottom of lift arm cyl’s knurled compression collar rubs on hose of steering cyl every time bucket touches ground & collar loosens itself till the hose pops off under pressure.

Shortened some hoses, rearranged others, trying to get steering hoses away from swinging arc lift cyl fittings.

Had some barbed fittings with push on collars that could’ve been the cure but were 4mm thread instead of 5.

Oily mess! This electrical cleaner does wonders to wash the oil away & doesn’t affect paint.

Joe
Old 03-17-2023, 12:44 PM
BANNED

This week's activities

https://youtu.be/0b6agJ2bnyg

Joe
Old 03-17-2023, 02:42 PM

Paulie is on a distinguished road

Great looking loader build and congrats on the dozer!

Question...do you have any tips for battery usage and storage? I keep mine in those sack things but not sure if that is best. Or even necessary (?)

If anybody is going to know it is you. Love the videos!
Old 03-27-2023, 01:25 PM
BANNED

Hello Paulie, lipos has been trouble free & safe to use for me. I've use reputable batts like Venom or GensAce? in the past. I have several HRB in 3s & a few 4s that I've been using the last 4-5yrs & they've worked really well with many cycles of use. I still have a few GensAce batts closing in on 10 yrs old. Always use Balance Charge. I charge in the back of shop where it's a dirt floor, if something were to happen the fire risk minimal. Stays below room temperature most of the yr too. Cheers

Joe
Old 03-27-2023, 02:13 PM
BANNED

Back to hauling chips for a while.

https://youtu.be/kYtNz6J_l9g

My RC Model Design deck screener is an exquisite piece of machinery, very well designed, could only guess that maybe as much as 50-60cy has passed over it. The only downside is it comes equipped with Chinese motors & escs. They run too hot, suck in the fine clay dust & stop working. I've lost track how many side conveyor motors for the fines I've changed, the last one was less than a month ago & already failing.

I made another order to Servo City last week & hopefully picked a good replacement that isn't too much modification to install. FedEx tells me today it should arrive tomorrow... unusual to get something from USA so quickly. The slower moving feeder conveyor & lumpy discharge conveyor I've changed motors yrs ago have been working flawlessly.

I got a new crusher from 911 Metallurgy ordered, 7-9 weeks delivery time, should show up after spring planting is completed in June. It's a 2x6 inch to replace the 2x3 I got a few yrs ago, hopefully double or more the capacity. Gonna build it so I can dump an ADT load directly into it, just like my 4x6 crusher. I'm gonna put it in a different location that's no where near the screener like in the past.

Joe