RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Skeeters contracting services

I rarely have JUST one project in the frying pan at a time. With a SUPER dump, & log truck in the construction phase, PLUS Bruder Cat D5, & Cat D11, as well a Mack conversion AND a Bruder Liebherr 574 in the conversion phase(s)......Oh, yeah, & the cheapo Chinese excavator (needs IMPROVED upon so it'll actually do something) ALL are in the process of being converted/built, I think it's time to open shop. Much easier to have ONE thread for all the pics, comments, question, concerns etc.

I'll post pics & build progress here from now on, perhaps even video or two along the way as well.

This weekend, THANKS to Stein, user name SteinHDan, & the open source 3D STL print files he graciously posted, I began putting the new asset to work.
20170826_174837 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
The 3D printer started to crank out the needed 3D parts for the front loader conversion. Being NEW to 3D printing, as well as CAD, I'd be several months before I could feel comfortable enough to produce ANYTHING that would be used for building.

With that being said, I already ran into some problems with the newest asset. I printed parts, I've looked at pictures that show what's wrong & how to correct it, but they DON'T have this problem on there. One of the parts I printed is severely deformed.
20170828_164523 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

20170828_164548 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

20170828_164534 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Any thoughts, ideas, opinions how to fix?

Last edited by skeeter; 11-09-2017 at 12:08 AM.