RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:09 AM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough
Default WTH!!! pic heavy

I want to share this with you guys and gals. I returned home from work yesterday (Monday) about 5:30. Get out of the car as my in-laws are leaving and I notice my truck windows are dark. It has been sitting since last Wednesday so I figure it was dusty or a farmer had burned a wheat field or something. I rubbed the outside of the right front door and it didn't help. I knew something was wrong. The doors were locked so I had my wife get the keys and unlock it. This is what I seen when I opened the door.

Back story: Truck has sat since Wednesday. Saturday morning I pulled the keys out and locked the truck (last time I can positively say it wasn't burnt). Sunday evening and Monday morning nothing looked out of the ordinary but I never checked. Monday evening is when I discovered the damage. The adjuster has been to look at it and hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. He said he is recommending a complete new interior and cleaning.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:03 AM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WTH!!! pic heavy

Wow. At least it didn't continue and destroy the entire truck, or start while u were driving. Did it have seat heaters in it? That just looks like an odd burn if not

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 AM
Green Horn

Smokin Joe is on a distinguished road

Electric seat?
Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe View Post
Electric seat?
This has been a issue in some Fords and Chevy's but I have never heard of it happening when the truck is not running..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

FORD:
F= Fireball
O= On
R= Rear
D=Denting
Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Green Horn

Smokin Joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
This has been a issue in some Fords and Chevy's but I have never heard of it happening when the truck is not running..
I see it was a manual seat after looking at the pics. better. Lack of oxygen saved the truck. Killer F@rt perhaps?
Old 06-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

My guess is a Butane lighter that leaks - had a friend who's whole truck burnt to a crisp - butane reacts with foam and self ignites. In your case I would assume it smoked itself out since the windows were shut.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough

Non smoker, but the killer fart could be a possibility. HAHA. No power or heated seats. Its a head scratcher that for sure. Had a 20 minute chat with the insurance adjuster today. Had to have a recorded interview and getting a packet in the mail with an affidavit and some other papers that have to signed and notarized. Still don't know if its totaled yet.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 AM

firefighter-1177 is on a distinguished road

Did it have lumbar support? Was that powered? Good thing you didnt open the door while it was smoldering, looks like it was set up for a backdraft.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Wannabe

Lumbar yes, but non powered. The knob is the black thing melted to the bottom of the drivers door panel. Heard from the insurance today. $7201.52 is the first estimate. He is pretty sure there will be some supplemental stuff needed. I haven't gone through it line by line but there is a lot of stuff there. Got the papers in the mail today and will get them sent back to the insurance tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

man that sucks! how warm has your weather been? Do you have any upgraded sound system stuff in it? that maybe ran under the seat area? that it weird no power seat or heat and start like that... Although being a Firemen i have seen weirder things. Mice with matches maybe..
Old 06-23-2012, 12:08 AM
Wannabe

Temps have been in the low 90's. Inside the truck the temp was 120 when I noticed it on monday afternoon. Same temp on the sheet metal on the outside. Yes I do have subs and an amp. Power wire is fused correctly and intact. Wire is run with wire harness that runs under the door sill panels. There is no damage in that spot other than the seat melted onto the top of the sill panels.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Very strange! I hope you get sorted soon man.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Wannabe

NEWS
It was caused by the heated seat wire. Apparently its prewired for it. The fire investigator found the wire had caused the fire. I had shorted and popped the fuse, but not before chaffing and melting stuff. It is totaled and will hopefully settle next week sometime.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

WOW at least they totaled it and are coming to a resolution for it. Its just a good thing it didnt start with you or as i see by the back seat your kids in it!!