RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road
Default Build of the month

Could we PLEASE do something other than trucks and trailers for the build of the month. I am really getting bored with this "trucks only" forum since there is SO much more out there to do. Maybe it's just me but if others agree PLEASE SPEAK UP!!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Build of the month

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Could we PLEASE do something other than trucks and trailers for the build of the month. I am really getting bored with this "trucks only" forum since there is SO much more out there to do. Maybe it's just me but if others agree PLEASE SPEAK UP!!!!
Well here is an idea give some suggestions instead of complaining in the open forum. I have not heard one word up until now!!!!!!! we have had 17 build of the month contest and only 4 have been only for a truck or trailer.

The truck and trailer combo was one that had been suggested to me so I went with it along with the trailer only and build in progress which was actually open to any thing.

I fought hard to have the build of the month, as it did not go so well on other forums. I don't mean to sound gruff but I want the build of the month to be a success and if any body has a suggestion of a theme we could do let me know.

We had discussed having some for the construction equipment but if we divide it up into categories like dozers or excavators the entries would be limited as there are not a lot of different ones out there. Off highway dump trucks was another thought but then you will have the person that thinks since a dump truck made out of a King Hauler or Globe liner could be used on a construction site then it would qualify as an off road truck and that is one argument I don't want to get into.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 07-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

I thought I had seen some farm machinery in some of the build of the months contests. Pretty sure Claus and others had been nominated for some tractors etc in the past. The reason there is more trucks and trailers in the mix in my opinion is because that's what the majority of the users build. There simply is not enough construction kit being built by members to have all construction contests. I think the admins mix it as well as they can with what is currently happening out there.

If you want more construction builds, build more, or get some more friends on here that are into the same thing. It's not the forums' fault that the majority of people are into highway trucks. I don't see any discrimination on here, all types of machinery are treated with equal respect. It's just a matter of numbers. Simply, it is what it is.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road

Just a passing thought, but what about one that focuses on the interiors of a truck. I have seen some photos of some truck and equipment interiors that are very impressive especially when thinking about how they fit everything in the truck and still finish it out beautifully. It takes a lot of commitment to really detail the inside of a truck or piece of equipment. Me personally, I have never had the patience to do them but have always enjoyed seeing others work.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

I think the current Build Of The Month Is one of the better ones and we could probably run it again and get ten more great builds Its going to be tough since we can only vote for one!

Last edited by TRUCKMAKER; 07-03-2012 at 08:50 PM.