RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default Are Any of Our Talented Builders Looking to Do Builds for Customers?

Well guys if your not aware already, I run an instagram page dedicated to this hobby. It is called @scale_truck_n_construction . It's followed by roughly 2500 people and it's loved by everyone who follows it. I only post pictures I take from this forum and post them with credit given to the builder and the forum itself. I try to promote this forum and the hobby as much as possible. People who tamiya trucks already, always ask about all the custom parts our awesome vendors supply or custom built cabs etc... I always point them to this forum and gardentrucking.com. Now my big question too you guys is this, there are tons of guys who own either there own trucks or there own fleets of real 1:1 trucks and want a tamiya rc replica of a truck built and these people are constantly asking me to refer them to a custom builder to build them a truck. Now I don't know who if anyone is interested, but when they do ask me who can they see about a custom build, would you like me to turn them to you? I personally don't have the time nor do I feel I have the skills to take someones money for a build I'm not sure I can deliver ....but If your interested let me know if you would like me to refer them to you. I don't expect anything out fo the dealings, I'm just looking to satisfy potential new enthusiasts to this already great hobby, and possibly help out my fellow forum member with a little side build action. Not to mention that will add build threads and photos to this forum for us to all enjoy. If your interested, please let me know.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:21 AM
Wannabe

kingbob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are Any of Our Talented Builders Looking to Do Builds for Customers?

I'd consider it, i enjoy the building, but after that things tend to just sit on the shelf and gather dust.

But, the problem is the people asking for them, arent thinking about the work that goes into them. My Optimus Prime truck and trailer, i probably spent maybe 100 hours working on it over 18 months. Admittedly a lot was trial and error, and rebuilding etc, i'm not a speed builder like Joe. 100 hours may not sound like a lot, but if you think about it in terms of an hourly rate, even $20/hr, thats $2k. Add in the cost of the kit, and upgrades, you could easily exceed $3-3.5k

When its for ourselves, as a hobby, the time doesnt matter, but for someone else as a paid job, it needs to be worth it, and thats a **** of a lot for someone to shell out for a build.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Default Re: Are Any of Our Talented Builders Looking to Do Builds for Customers?

Well I have been turning people down for simple peterbilt day cab builds with lowboy trailers etc...a few dump trucks. No optimus prime looks a likes. Nothing that complicated yet. But I do understand the difficulty in putting a price on the time and labor. I'm just not talented enough to do most of these builds myself. I have been quoting people for most of the roughly $2k-$2.5k and most of them said that's fine....but the issue is putting them in touch with someone who wants to build them.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Send em my way no problem, got rates and plans to suit everyone
Old 02-19-2015, 06:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive RC View Post
Send em my way no problem, got rates and plans to suit everyone
**** yeah Brian ....I figuered you might be interested. I will send them your way, what's your email So I give it to these potential customers.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
**** yeah Brian ....I figuered you might be interested. I will send them your way, what's your email So I give it to these potential customers.
DuarteExclusives@comcast.net
Old 11-11-2016, 09:36 AM

Timingbeltservice is on a distinguished road

I'm very interested in doing such a thing, I build my RCs very very detailed. I really tend to go over board, but the end result is worth every bit of it...I would put in a few pics of my work but I can't seem to figure out how to attach a pic to this
Old 11-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Hi welcome to the forum. You'll need to get a photo hosting site like Photobucket or flicker etc. Copy the IMG link and paste it here in the message block under your description or message, if you hit the go advanced tab below it will let you preview the post to see if your picture shows up and looks correct. Using the link button and saving the photos to the forum server was disabled due to the amount of photos being posted were taking up to much space, we like pictures here.