RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:19 PM

mcCracken15 is on a distinguished road
Default styrene bonde!

I'm sure its been said a thousand times before, i am looking for somthing i can buy at a local parts store that will work well for bonding styrene. I've previously used Plasti weld and some acrylic anamel i belive that was bought for bonding plexi glass. worked welk bit was 10 dollars or so a can. had to pull hair to buy it at the local glass place and i had to give them my driver license to photo copy and i don't know why? So will paint thinner or acetone work just as well?
Old 06-20-2015, 11:10 PM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: styrene bonde!

Those wont bond it. Try methyl ethyl ketone. MEK can be found at hardware stores in the paint area.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:19 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

MEK will work and can be found in hardware stores. This stuff is a little dangerous, make sure you read and follow the instructions, Do Not Inhale it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 06-21-2015, 01:38 AM

mcCracken15 is on a distinguished road

Sweet i will refill my plasti weld bottle so i can have the brush still! My last bottle i put a9 cutting fluid in so i can brush my aluminum parts while machining, tapping, or cutting with the hack saw! I love seeing pictures or walking into a well laid out workshop and seeing all these great ideas. especially the homemade or repurposed ideas! Thanks for the good response guys!