RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:07 PM

izzzul is on a distinguished road
Default KOMATSU Excavator from Malaysia

Hello from Malaysia

Hi everyone!

My name is Azizul, and i've been visiting this webpage so often, as I'm a RC maniac too. Been reading a lot as to learn and understand all the tricks and lesson learnt from all of experts here.

About myself, working as an Engineering in a SEMICON facility here, but really fall in love in RC, specially Construction equipments..EXCAVATOR.

Not sure how to start and make post as to intro about my RC works, but i've create a BLOG as to keep all my pictures, happy viewing and comment there.

http://my-rc-page.blogspot.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Hello from Malaysia

Welcome Azizul we are glad to have you here. I went and checked out your blog and those are some nice machines you are working on.

Travis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your constr equip model construction shows great promise Azizul.

Per your excavator: your track drives look weak for such a heavy model of 40kg. At the very least you should have bigger bevel gears for greater gear surface mesh, the track sprocket drive axle should be housed within a cubed dimension for support on two points and both bevel gears properly shimmed to prevent seperating from each other.

And may I also recommend that you do not exceed 25bar to keep your hydraulic system intact. If you find your hyd power lacking, increase of your cylinder bore is much safer than higher pressure.

For me to post one your pictures here, (using Windows PC) I merely right click on picture, click properties, copy url & paste here in this forum using the image code [img] your pic url [/img Quote my post to see to see the link code fully.

Please feel free to start a thread of your const equip creations in this forum http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...isplay.php?f=6

Lil Giants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome aboard! Neat project's.

Doodlebug

Last edited by izzzul; 01-08-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM

Default Re: KOMATSU Excavator from Malaysia

Thanks everyone, glad that you accepted me to join this page..

Lil,
I have the same fear, tested on the flat floor in the house shows no sign of sweat at all, see below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6DSmQBOrdk

But when we tested them on extreme surface, the gear is breaking apart, no problem to the motor, but gear is a total damage... at this point my excavator total weight is about 90% of full weight, see pic below:

Per your advice, i should go with bigger and better strength bewel gears, had ordered a some for testing this week. we are using TRUCK PULLER, LRP 5A BEC

As for hyd powerplant..if you notice, i'm using industrial hyd pump, attached to powerful brushless motor, spec for 100bar max!!, but tested to 17bar with no issues/leaking, using teflon seals, nilon pipes. My only prob is control valves, anyone has some advice how i can improve them?

Prob is servo kindda stuck and slow respond/fluid speed, any better design that we can try..? will upload the valve pic later..
Old 01-08-2012, 08:03 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I don't know how to draw in CAD to clearly explain my thoughts. This is the site where I obtained my John Deere 850 excavator, which is about the same size as what you are building.

You could either use these pictures as a guidline to improve your own track drives or inquire from Vario if they have a track drive component kit to sell to you?

http://www.vario-earthmovers.com/bau...70-teil-2.html
http://www.vario-earthmovers.com/bau...70-teil-3.html
http://www.vario-earthmovers.com/bau...70-teil-5.html

The servo automated rotary valves they use in their models work excellent too.

http://www.vario-earthmovers.com/bau...0-teil-10.html

Though your pump may be capable of producing 100bar, other components may rupture causing very serious injury. What are the limits of the nylon hose you use? You do have a pressure relief valve built into the system, correct? Safety first!

Joe
Old 01-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

welcome Izzzol your excavators look great . with a little beefing up of the drive you should have some fine working models 2 things I notice I like to find the surce of : 1) the pump and 2) the double pitch attachment chain . Looking forword to updates

Steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
welcome Izzzol your excavators look great . with a little beefing up of the drive you should have some fine working models 2 things I notice I like to find the surce of : 1) the pump and 2) the double pitch attachment chain . Looking forword to updates

Steve
Thx Steve..pump is industrial type ones, commonly used for hyd machines, will get more details to send you in couple days...
chain bracket..i can source this locally, quite cheap stuff, not sure whether it sell elsewhere..looking for some old pictures to share here, later..

Azizul

Last edited by izzzul; 01-09-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM

Hi Joe,
I admire your dedication and work ethic here. Thx for giving a great advice regarding my own build KOMATSU Excavator.. If you notice, i'm making quite a big one, boom arm stretches a little over 1 meter...and it gonna be heavy.

The track shoe looks akward (see pic below) as the chain links are pretty big in size, cannot find smaller ones..unlike yours below:

Why i dont buy ready made excavator?
1) Dont have money that much..
2) Dont like their support..
3) I want to learn from scratch...build one on my own..like it..
4) I wanna make it bigger in size and more powerful hopefully can beat Germans.. sigh...!

As for hyd powerplant, tested WEDICO parts from GoldenTrucking but not satisfied (not realiable, leaking and inssuficent power..see pic:

I'm using industrial parts now, hyd pump and control valve below:

New control valve (industrial type too):

Today we tested this newly receive control valve and at just below 10bar, we can lift the entire boom arm and can hold steady...it was tight and no leak....all safety precautions has been taken care off, so it's safe i think.. will grab video later this week and share with you and the rest...what do you think...10bar or 20bar is sufficient for my size excavator..?

The new gears for the track will show up later this week, will test that one too..i like the German's one, like the one on your 850D model..will see if it work or i have to make similar mod...

Hope you have time to read my story, thx..

Last edited by izzzul; 01-11-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:57 AM

kcjeepn is on a distinguished road

That is some nice serious work.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I really like this build. Our machines are similar in size and we're at about the same point in our builds. Like you I also don't have the money to buy a kit but to be honest if I had the money I would buy more shop machinery and scratch build it anyway.

Keep the pictures and info coming!

Reg
Old 01-11-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I really like this build. Our machines are similar in size and we're at about the same point in our builds. Like you I also don't have the money to buy a kit but to be honest if I had the money I would buy more shop machinery and scratch build it anyway.

Keep the pictures and info coming!

Reg
Hi Reg,
I wonder how's your project progress, love to see your superb touch on those Al sheet, very neat and perfectly details.. do you mind to share yours too? i'd like to see the final looks.. how about your hyd system doing?

Azizul
Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

It's cheaper for me to buy than scratchbuild... I live in a rather remote area with no access to materials, machines, custom cnc, ect. Everything would have to be mail order. I do enough fixing, head scratching, macguyvering on farm machinery nearly everyday that I prefer my hobby to be a ready made assembly that I can sit down and enjoy at the flip of a switch.

Per my JD850, it's 1.4m from pivot point to tip of bucket at its furtherest reach. Weighs about 39kg (86lbs). Hydraulic pressure set to 25bar with 20mm diameter cylinders.

The valves you show in the above photo are made by Leimbach for wedico, the same hydraulic system as my smaller Stahl constr equip.
http://www.leimbach-modellbau.de/start.html

What you have there now for valves is humungous, way more flow than what you need. It'll probably take 1/4 scale servos to operate them, the type of servos used in sail boats.

Anyways, on my way out the door right now, going on a short holiday for a week. Talk more later.

Joe
Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 AM

Rebekah_harper is on a distinguished road

hiya,

thought I'd share this link should you not have found it. I use parts books for inspiration and so far it's help me alot to develop parts. hope it helps

www.komatsupartsbook.com/

Old 01-12-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah_harper View Post
hiya,

thought I'd share this link should you not have found it. I use parts books for inspiration and so far it's help me alot to develop parts. hope it helps

www.komatsupartsbook.com/

wow..! nice, thanks a lot for sharing..this is great info
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 AM

Rebekah_harper is on a distinguished road

I wish there was something similar for liebherr as I am building one for someone (thread on here)

but I got the design for the slew joint from there so that I can power the tracks hydraulically.
rams and pump are coming from Damitz the Hydraulic motors I am going to make my self along with the control valves.

I love your build
was wondering what scale you were building to as I am working on 1/14 to fit in with trucks and the reach is about the same.

look forward to seeing more.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:53 PM

track hyd?? wow, this is something that i was trying to figure out how...So we can get rid off motors gearing ..

my build is meant for 1:12 scale, the PC650 is among they extra big size excavator, so i notice that it's actually bigger if you compare the std series excavator..i'll make tip to tip measurement later..

our hyd system is ready, so does the new gears for the track system, and will snape video for hyd endurance test this sunday, will share some when ready..

Last edited by izzzul; 01-13-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

Amazing work you have done on this so far!! ,look forward to seeing more of this,keep the pics coming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

Very nice, just had a look at your blog and its impressive to see it lift, looks like your using a 1cc gear pump? have you worked out how to move your valve block with servos yet?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Very nice, just had a look at your blog and its impressive to see it lift, looks like your using a 1cc gear pump? have you worked out how to move your valve block with servos yet?
it's 1.2cc..and my actual cylinder actually bigger diameter size (and more force/power of course), rated to 35bar instead of 15bar on mock up unit below..it can lift 7.8KG (17lbs) with no sweat, hope everything is ok when upgrade to new SMC cylinders, now waiting for mod bracket for the linear servos..

Last edited by izzzul; 01-16-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 AM

this is the video for the lift test of 7.8KG or 17lbs load ..using smaller rated cylinder (capped at 15bar) on our test/mock up unit..this is sufficient i think, moreover, i'm going for better cylinder (SMC Japan) which can max up to 30bar...to match with the pump which currently producing steady 25bar right now...

Linear servo will come later...anyone already tried this before? pls guide me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_gCTdpeIPs
Old 01-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzzul View Post
it's 1.2cc..and my actual cylinder actually bigger diameter size (and more force/power of course), rated to 35bar instead of 15bar on mock up unit below..it can lift 7.8KG (17lbs) with no sweat, hope everything is ok when upgrade to new SMC cylinders, now waiting for mod bracket for the linear servos..
i thought it would be something like that, i saw them on ebay the other night, cheap price for a hydraulic pump, can you share some info on what motor you are using to turn the pump and how they are connected? when you say linear servo do you mean linear actuator?
Old 01-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Wow, what a beast of an excavator! It's huge, and looks like it could dig all the way to the other side of the world.