RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:03 AM

izzzul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KOMATSU Excavator from Malaysia

My EXCAV is sick...broken gears for the undercarriage track..it stuck in the mud for many weeks...too deep inside..and was not able to push herself out...damage the gears (expected already, because of actual design suppose to use bigger gears)

original straight bevel gears known to be not good, and now we found the solution to it.. Changing to bigger and better hypoid/spiral bevel gears... upgraded undercarriage jumbo gearing, look alike a grinder head, no problem to smash anything on its path..

climbing 30degree angle with no issues, see below:

also taking time to upgrade the radio system, changing to 9Ch TURNIGY TX/RX system...smaller, more hi-tech and complex.. fuh..too many switches now...using glider mode, coz EXCAV mode is not available at this moment..sigh! all the stick functions work exactly as per real EXCAVATOR. the track function is mod to use the 5th and 6th Ch... 7th Ch for Hyd pump/motor, and left 2 more Ch for extra things in future..

visit my BLOG for full images http://my-rc-page.blogspot.com/

Last edited by izzzul; 12-30-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Wow, that's impressive! Your home made radio, with 4 sticks is also really something to behold! Very creative. Hard to believe the small bevel gears you used for the track drive actually held up for so long. That is incredible.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:23 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Kool!!! good to see you upgraded to the 21st century Izzzul and got yourself some computer radios.. the smoothness of control is much better, eh?!

Izzzul's pics are deceiving Nathan, his hoes dwarf the Vario & those 'lil' bevels are likely 25mm dia? Grinder angle drives, what an ingenious & perfect fit to your creations, they look like they were made for the application, very nice!

Joe
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Looks good with the new drives (from any 5" grinder I guess).
Whats the size of tires on the Volvo dumper?

Dan
Old 12-30-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Wow, that's impressive! Your home made radio, with 4 sticks is also really something to behold! Very creative. Hard to believe the small bevel gears you used for the track drive actually held up for so long. That is incredible.
Yes, i was surprise too, it was titanium grade, that's why, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Kool!!! good to see you upgraded to the 21st century Izzzul and got yourself some computer radios.. the smoothness of control is much better, eh?!

Izzzul's pics are deceiving Nathan, his hoes dwarf the Vario & those 'lil' bevels are likely 25mm dia? Grinder angle drives, what an ingenious & perfect fit to your creations, they look like they were made for the application, very nice!
Yes Joe, I'm finally on entering the cyber world..this one has nice but complex twist...like it, but to learn a lot..25mm dia bevels are no match for 50kg monster.. I like the look of the grinder head myself....it's very strong and big..about 55-60mm in dia..

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
Looks good with the new drives (from any 5" grinder I guess).
Whats the size of tires on the Volvo dumper?

Dan
Dan, yes my grinder-head track works great...and the tires are about 100-110mm dia, it's a hand made from solid rubber role, hand crafted the treads..very heavy and stiff...but it works fine with my models, so far so good..
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 AM

Just wanna share some more pic and videos here...Spent hours with My-RC-Team frens, was fun and exciting..! Battery lasted for about 1Hr each for main and the back up batteries, definitely great news as we can spend hours next time...and backup genset will be helpful if to play all day long......our Articulate truck cannot coop with EXCAV!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=nspHDm0zIMc
More videos in my BLOG here: http://my-rc-page.blogspot.com/
Here are some pics:

Old 02-18-2013, 01:49 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Great work Izzzul!

Are both excavators 2.4 now? I couldn't see which one seemed smoother than the other, but they both look like you have much finer control.

I've been watching too many yt vids already this month & used up my bandwidth allowance, now my speed is cut down to dial-up speed... but I'll be sure to watch all the latest vids of your's in a few wks when my speed is restored.

Joe
Old 02-19-2013, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Great work Izzzul!

Are both excavators 2.4 now? I couldn't see which one seemed smoother than the other, but they both look like you have much finer control.

I've been watching too many yt vids already this month & used up my bandwidth allowance, now my speed is cut down to dial-up speed... but I'll be sure to watch all the latest vids of your's in a few wks when my speed is restored.
Yes Joe...tq for viewing, commenting..and guiding..both using 2.4GHz now, we both still fine-tuning the servo throw, for smoothest move..i hope..time and practice will tell.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:16 AM

fiezmarquis is on a distinguished road

wow... what a good work.. i love excavator.. i wanna own it..but how to? what should i do first?
Old 05-26-2014, 09:03 AM

der82c is on a distinguished road

changed the pump for the "older brother", for more battery power save & efficient. look smaller than the older pump, but able to deliver enough pressure and flow rate. using a smaller motor too.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:06 AM

der82c is on a distinguished road

still got a abit of time and space for few snap shots

Old 05-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Green Horn

ricm is on a distinguished road

100% INSANE! awesome build, love it. True engineering skill!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

I like how you set the new pump up! thanks for sharing the mods! That battery looks like a perfect counter weight.
Cheers, Neil.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: KOMATSU Excavator from Malaysia

Izzzul I always said bigger is better and you have proved that. Great job I really like your excavator and what you have don with it. It seems to me it would be easier to get parts for your machine than the ones from Germany. It looks like you used a lot of of the shelf parts in you build. Very impressive the way you went abut it. Ed