RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 09-16-2018, 12:52 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Yes Jim, simple jaw, though I don't know exactly what the offset of the eccentric shaft iis. And yes, the drier the clay - the better it crushes. When screening the fines out & piling the lumps for a period of time again helps shorten drying... but there is some lumps with a bit of moisture within & it does build up near the top of the fixed jaw, I scrape with a wooden paint stir stick. The jaw opening is about 1/4... could go down as narrow as 1/8, but crush time could quadruple, depending on amount of rock quantity & size.

I don't know the conversion on Celsius vs Fahrenheit either... quick google tells me 42C = 107.6F... the hottest temps I've ever been in was during the early 90's of my harvester days, 117F; we circled back to NW Kansas in late July after they had 17" rain in 17 days, I spent more time outside slinging chains being stuck - then getting back into an ice cold cab... I caught the worst summer cold of my life to date!

That 40 heat wave caused a lot of crop damage this yr resulting in mega $ losses for what otherwise could of been a lottery yr.

Thanx Tom Majority harvest completed a few days ago, currently very wet outside, back in the Lil Giants workshop today tuning up digging equipment & headed for the basement here shortly to resume basement digging activities once again, haven't done any digging in nearly two years. Still have about 5 cubes of dirt to haul outside before winter in a few months.

Joe
Old 09-30-2018, 12:29 AM
BANNED

Getting ready for the winter dig season

Swing motor had a bit of wobble in its mount plate

Added some blue locktite to the bolts & let dry before installing bolts

Not sure if I got a leak or if I'm just pushing the oil too hard making it weep every so little from somewhere... couple yrs ago I changed Jung pump from model# 4002 to 4003 increasing flow 30% to 1.8L/min, a definite improvement to move boom - stick - bucket simultaneously with good speed & no cavitation. Not touching pressure from where it was set with older pump, the pressure did go up to nearly 40Bar...

Lots of Q-tips & toilet paper, I got it pretty clean again. Can't see any notable leaks & have never had any significant volume drops in short periods of time the last yr.

Put it back together & it's off to the tunnel to finish digging out the walkway area... year #8 for the Beast If I were to guess the hrs, something close to 1600

Joe
Old 09-30-2018, 09:16 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Joe, I always enjoy seeing the posts about breakdowns and maintenance just as much as everything else!

Question: you are using postimage to host and display photos? Seems to work okay from my perspective, any special setup fees or other info about the service? Not sure I have heard about this one yet, is it fairly new?

Carry on...

Jim
Old 09-30-2018, 07:41 PM
BANNED

Thanx Jim. I just go to the postimage site, choose my picture size, set expiration to Never, choose pics to upload, grab the hotlinks for forums to paste here. I've never signed up/registered to anything, don't have any saved album on the site, I haven't clue where to search on the site to retrieve photos I have uploaded... don't care either.

Had a great idea today... used long grub screws for guides to mate upper lower halves together, this was always a bytch lining everything up & my lower back would be aching by the time I got it done... this time 2 minute job & no hunching over it... as I get older I'm starting to get a lil smarter

Joe
Old 10-05-2018, 01:20 AM
BANNED

Off to work, 1st stop is to finish the tunnel

Almost to the same day as 2 yrs ago, crazy weather... most farmers in the area are 90-100% done. ... you don't have to go very far northward & that rapidly changes to 50% or less completed.

Joe
Old 10-06-2018, 02:35 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

i am thinking that your ramp down must be compacted to concrete lol
Old 10-06-2018, 03:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Lil giants, needing an Hourmeter on rc equipment since 2005...

With the excavator cleanup, are things sealed well enough to try using Brake Cleaner to punch through the oil & grime?

Wow, snow already? Glad you got the crops knocked down.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:06 PM
BANNED

It's certainly as hard as concrete Jack when the dense clay dries out, looks like concrete too when dry with the salts in the soil coming to the surface.

Electrical cleaner works very well frizzen to clean the oil - grime away... I mistakenly grabbed an aerosol can of brake cleaner once to clean the boom on the old 850 & it took the paint off the cyls & wrinkled the paint on the boom.

Got a new employee for the Lil Giants Constr Co, his name is Ty

...a friend of mine's grandson, Ty's parents are ranchers running several hundred beef cows about 100km west of me, Ty is 12yo now, 4 more yrs till a driver's license & maybe then he'll become an avid regular to the quarry.

Joe
Old 12-17-2018, 11:57 AM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

A good excuse to repaint the hardworking and well deserved 850!
Old 12-17-2018, 02:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Hello Joe that construction company is growing got an employee now you can take a vacation. Edhttp://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...mileys-593.gif
Old 01-01-2019, 08:08 AM
BANNED

I do have a new boom for the old JD850, as the current boom, the pivot at the stick is getting pounded out & wobbly... I'm sure it will last a couple more yrs yet Shawn.

"New employee" lives 70 miles away Ed, & no drivers license, I'm not ready to quit yet anyway.

Cleaned up the north side of the basement

Quite a hunk of iron this old dirt lump crusher is... what to do with it???

Started digging in the NE corner, super moist here, easy digging, this is where I had a 3/4" plywood that the dirt lump crusher conveyed its spoils onto.

Haul the wet dirt over to dump in the deep pit in the SE corner

Gonna start digging around the pit soon, using a hand drill with a 1/2" bit, drilled holes into the rock hard clay so I could rip & dig a trench for water soaking.

Rain showers in the SW corner too start digging here again soon.

Had a lil blow out with the left track drive last Friday, bout killed me to carry that heavy bytch all the back up to the shop for repairs... broke an ear off on one side of the dog clutch, somehow caused a total lock up & smoked the motor in mere seconds... fortunately I got all spare parts in inventory, rebuilt the track drive yesterday.

After having spent much of the wkend flat on my back from carrying that JD850 to the workshop, start building a lowboy today for the 4206 to pull to haul it back.

Joe
Old 01-02-2019, 03:19 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, Happy New Year! Considering the JD850 weighs as much as the PC700, i can imagine being a pain in the back carrying that upstairs. Ask me how i know? I live on the second floor (18 steps) with no elevator... i really need those crazy expensive dolly's that can climb stairs.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:04 PM
BANNED

HAH! you're half my age, should be a breeze for you Shawn I took the counter weight off, that's 14lbs I don't have to carry.

Just about done... wire up the motors & make removable side rails tomorrow, then video time taking the JD850 back to the pit.

I'm sitting on it, 215lbs, very stable & nothing bent.

Joe
Old 01-04-2019, 10:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

It loooks likw the wagon has powered wheels. What motors did you use to do that?
Old 01-05-2019, 05:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

I love that your sandbox is big enough, and toys heavy enough, that transporting the equipment from the shop to worksite turns into a logistics issue and needs big trucks with wide load trailers.

Did ya go for a ride yet?
Old 01-05-2019, 06:32 AM
BANNED

www.mfacomodrills.com motors with planetaries, these particular ones are 940D with 100:1 reduction. Fumotec supplies all his trk models with these motors or his custom made mini brushless motors. I prefer the brushed motors b/c you can put as many motors as you like on one esc; the brushless needs 1 esc per motor & then tuning them all to work together, brushed motors travel faster & have better braking too. I use a 2x25 Sabertooth in the 4206 with mix in esc off but mixed within radio programming. I like to drive with my right thumb, so the tractor is on elevator ch, trl is on throttle ch... tight turns, pull back on throttle so trl doesn't push the tractor sideways; steep hills more throttle so the tractor doesn't spin.

Indeed frizzen, some days I get a lot of exercise playing with my toys

Lowboy works awesome... need more practice side loading, a little scary the first time. I added 1/2 inch steel angle on the edges so equipment can't slide off in transport, they're bolted on, take them off in the future to load/unload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUx3a-WbOx4

Joe
Old 01-10-2019, 01:44 PM
BANNED

A suggestion from another forum, a slight mod to the side rails makes loading the big hoe much quicker with no worries of tip.

Joe
Old 01-11-2019, 11:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info, Joe!
Old 01-12-2019, 08:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Where can we sign up in order to make your government get your area some proper internet? I want more videos

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:26 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

[/QUOTE]

Love this last picture! Top work as usual Joe, I wonder how much weight is on the back axle of the little bell?