RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 01-15-2019, 12:07 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Anytime Anthony

Funny Emil ...maybe someday it'll get better, cheaper... not holding my breath for it though

Thanx Calum A guess? 20-25kg

It's good to be digging hard ground again

baby boy names and meanings 2015

Joe
Old 01-16-2019, 08:20 AM
BANNED

Short vid digging in the NE corner of the basement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w0EE0aOPz0

Joe
Old 01-19-2019, 01:25 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Axle and 5th wheel are doing well with that weight on them!

Be interesting to see if anything lets go
Old 01-21-2019, 12:25 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

I like that new trailer you made Joe, I will need something like that in the future as well!! Great idea!!
KP
Old 01-21-2019, 06:23 AM
BANNED

2nd last vid I was standing on it, going for a ride Calum - probably 50kg on gooseneck & rear axle, still straight as the day I welded it... my welds aint pretty & they never break either

Still got all your CAD from the 777 KP? Just make another tractor to pull trailers... what is the weight your front shovel getting to now?

Goodies in the mail Friday

Joe
Old 01-22-2019, 05:01 PM
BANNED

A quick bit of kit to put together... had to epoxy one piece into place, everything else bolts together.

Last December I run about a cubic yard through the mini crusher, what comes from the big crusher is about 3/8, lil crusher takes it down to 1/8 minus. But with all the fines in it too, it really slows capacity.

citibank branch locations near me

Joe
Old 01-25-2019, 10:09 AM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
www.mfacomodrills.com motors with planetaries, these particular ones are 940D with 100:1 reduction. Fumotec supplies all his trk models with these motors or his custom made mini brushless motors. I prefer the brushed motors b/c you can put as many motors as you like on one esc; the brushless needs 1 esc per motor & then tuning them all to work together, brushed motors travel faster & have better braking too. I use a 2x25 Sabertooth in the 4206 with mix in esc off but mixed within radio programming. I like to drive with my right thumb, so the tractor is on elevator ch, trl is on throttle ch... tight turns, pull back on throttle so trl doesn't push the tractor sideways; steep hills more throttle so the tractor doesn't spin.

Indeed frizzen, some days I get a lot of exercise playing with my toys

Lowboy works awesome... need more practice side loading, a little scary the first time. I added 1/2 inch steel angle on the edges so equipment can't slide off in transport, they're bolted on, take them off in the future to load/unload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUx3a-WbOx4
Hi, thanks for the info for the motors from a couple of weeks back. I just ordered some from www.mfacomodrills.com. I ordered them as a back up for my B50. I am always impressed with the power and reliability of these motors. I bought them as a backup to have on hand if I ever have one fail. But the current motors have been solid for many years.
I agree with your reasoning on the brushed over the brushless for the drive motors. Several years ago when I built my B50 no one was using Brushless motors on machines like these for the drive, so that was my only choice. I am glad that is how it was.
As commented you the youtube video, love the lowboy by the way....
Eddie
Old 01-25-2019, 04:06 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

What did you use for belting on your conveyors
Old 01-28-2019, 06:07 AM
BANNED

Eddie, I doubt you'll ever need to change one, as much as I've tortured them the past 4 yrs I've never had one fail. The motor I just changed in my 850 is a 942D (I think) with a 516:1 head.

Frank had those mini brushless motors custom made to fit the narrower axles on his B4206 & WA500 loader. The brushed motors are too long. My other B4206 with hyds, they have brushless motors in them that I had to file down the "bells" to get them to fit, there's literally 1mm between the two of them, they run a lil faster & a lil more powerful too, bigger diameter bell.

I hope you can find time some day again soon Eddie to get back at 'er with your hobbies... and prod your neighbor Ayoub while you're at it, he's been dormant a long time too.

Evan, these conveyors came from https://rcmodeldesign.com/ I saw them listed in the description of RC Sparks Youtube Gold vids. There a lil over priced for what you get... the vulcanizing on the belt splice was near perfect, can barely tell where it is, that's about all the positive I can say about it... if I do buy any more conveyors it will be the TeleTracs from Model Tech Winter in Germany, I'm sure you've seen his vids on utube & facebook.

Joe
Old 01-28-2019, 11:23 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Eddie, I doubt you'll ever need to change one, as much as I've tortured them the past 4 yrs I've never had one fail. The motor I just changed in my 850 is a 942D (I think) with a 516:1 head.

Frank had those mini brushless motors custom made to fit the narrower axles on his B4206 & WA500 loader. The brushed motors are too long. My other B4206 with hyds, they have brushless motors in them that I had to file down the "bells" to get them to fit, there's literally 1mm between the two of them, they run a lil faster & a lil more powerful too, bigger diameter bell.

I hope you can find time some day again soon Eddie to get back at 'er with your hobbies... and prod your neighbor Ayoub while you're at it, he's been dormant a long time too.

Evan, these conveyors came from https://rcmodeldesign.com/ I saw them listed in the description of RC Sparks Youtube Gold vids. There a lil over priced for what you get... the vulcanizing on the belt splice was near perfect, can barely tell where it is, that's about all the positive I can say about it... if I do buy any more conveyors it will be the TeleTracs from Model Tech Winter in Germany, I'm sure you've seen his vids on utube & facebook.
ok I know which ones you where talking about. I seen those before and acquired about them and his trommel. good to know about them thanks. I've seen those conveyors and wow are they amazing. I did price them out and they are pricey but I think would be worth it. also found the forum where he showed his first build of a conveyor.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:47 AM
BANNED

Getting some digging done, time for some more "soaking on the north side.

Work on the south side for a while

Lots of hauling to do now.

Joe
Old 02-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Looks great joe! Really like the progress and processing of materials. Great inspiration! I’ve got to get some walls and heat in the barn project. Really missing being able to sit down and let the machine do some work via my fingertips!!
Old 02-03-2019, 07:51 PM
BANNED

So that's this summer's build project, eh? ...insulate & sheet rock the barn.

Yeah it's great, having an indoor sandbox. ...though I'm running out work.

Joe
Old 02-04-2019, 07:30 AM
BANNED

-27C this morning Got a B train coming today for brown mustard, hope my auger starts.

My utube channel got mentioned on some one's "stream" last Sunday, picked up 3400 subs & 600K views in the last week... utube kicked me out of their "Partnership Program" a yr ago b/c I didn't meet one of their requirements, 4000 watch hrs/year... they didn't pay me the $1100usd in ad revenue I built up either... probably missed out on another grand or more this week... my channel is on several news sites & blogs again last week, everybody making money off my hobby & I've never made a cent!

Did some digging & hauling yesterday, filled up the X4 HiTec charger in just a couple hrs.

Now I have maxed out my Data for this month, 4 days before the next reset.

https://youtu.be/RE_dSJh5bvQ

Joe
Old 02-06-2019, 12:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

That sucks! Any idea who decided to make it go viral again?

Sounds like good indoor digging weather.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Wannabe

I seen on a few bookface groups I'm in they where sharing your story about digging "your basment" with rc rigs.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:05 AM
BANNED

Both phones, the internet went dead bout 8:30 last night, reset today

frizzen, this guy on stream.me... language warning, the guy is pretty crude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5IIKtRAkY&t=1038s

-35C yesterday morning, need a warm coat in the basement, it's just the bit of heat that radiates from the furnace that keeps it somewhat warm down there.

drip drip drip ....soaking up the next cut on the north while I widdle away on the south

Joe
Old 02-09-2019, 02:28 PM
BANNED

Joe
Old 02-10-2019, 07:44 AM
BANNED

I dropped the pup, then bound the two B50's together on a DX8 radio & drove them up the incline simultaneously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJlBg7F8-Go&lc

I learned something from this video... 4 brushed motors on one esc, like a front loader or tractor, works fine; but 6 motors on one esc in the ADT, kinda wonky!

I always thought since the 1st run of the newer B50 that it didn't seem to pull the incline quite right; and now without the pup I see why. Time for some rewiring.

Joe
Old 02-11-2019, 02:20 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Great video Joe

Took me a minute to think how both ADT's were moving, then I remembered you'd done this before on the tamiya trucks

Great to see the little 450 being used, any videos of the screening bucket working?

Calum