RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Project : Petico (Pepe Le Pew) it's gettin deep

I got this in a trade from a member here . I've been dieing to do somthing to it but could not bring myself to till I finally got somewhere with my end of the deal Well the opertunity presented it self today the ol brain had a lock up and fuzzed up cuttin A/C's ( cut the straps right off ) Well rather then cut it off and toss it , some quick calculations and project petico got some new A/C's . Of course I had to put the S&P stacks on it too . Like most the wedico builds , It'll be a long drawn out project it needs rear axles , trans and motor real emblems .Everything else will be made by you know

AH yes , the stace will be dropped

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Project : Petico

Nice color choice! Steve was that Jimmy's truck? Looks like a good dump truck in the works.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:44 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

claus no not Jimmy's I'm not sure on keeping the red we'll see how it polishis up . Dumptruck , hmmm was a thought but I gotta do something diferent with lots of bling . just a hint : " your #2 bidness is our #1 bidness "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Green Horn

Straywolf is on a distinguished road

Looks like your gonna have a tank full if what i am thinking, is it something like this?

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FlYbt2fjzm8/RdqC3-JFsgI/AAAAAAAAAAk/Cxwa_jly_2c/s1600/****_truck.jpg[/IMG]

Mike

Old 08-19-2011, 02:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

At first I was trying to figure out what a Petico was, but then I saw the pictures. What do you mean, like most Wedico builds, it will be long and drawn out? It doesn't have to be! You've got the tools and skills to put it together quickly. If only I had the same tools.

Anyway, it's looking pretty cool. Is that a stock Wedico rim with the super single on it, or one of your own making? Just curious if you'd be getting into the Wedico rim making, like the Tamiyas?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:25 AM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

We can use a crap hauler around here
Can't wait to see her all done
Old 08-19-2011, 07:28 AM

mike could be

nate it's just not on the top priority + if your the 1 getting rics last rust axles I'll be waiting awhile . thats 1 of my rejects with a low pro sitting in front for the pic and to see how it looks . I need the rear axles to design the rear suspension that'll take some time

"We can use a crap hauler around here"
yea I know just the name to put on the tank

Old 08-19-2011, 08:36 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

That "crap hauler" would be cool steve
Maybe the name could be "RC **** collection service" feel free to pull the chain

Cheers Tracy

Old 08-19-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossett View Post
That "crap hauler" would be cool steve
Maybe the name could be "RC **** collection service" feel free to pull the chain

Cheers Tracy
LMFAO

Old 08-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Steve, I am still in the money saving mode, so I won't be able to buy the Rust axles from Ric just yet. Need to sell some things first, or save up some money. Ric can always get more axles in.

I only asked about the rims because I could maybe use some better front driven rims for my own truck. If you have a 6x6 and run the wide super single in the front, the scrub radius is horrible, and the tires hit the front bumper and inner parts of the fender, once you lower the truck, or put a big texas square bumper on the front, without lowering. A rim with more offset might help cure that, as long as the tire doesn't start rubbing the springs then.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

That will be something neat and different. You will be the #1 man in the #2 bitness! Will it really hold water and pump?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Steve, I am still in the money saving mode, so I won't be able to buy the Rust axles from Ric just yet. Need to sell some things first, or save up some money. Ric can always get more axles in.

I only asked about the rims because I could maybe use some better front driven rims for my own truck. If you have a 6x6 and run the wide super single in the front, the scrub radius is horrible, and the tires hit the front bumper and inner parts of the fender, once you lower the truck, or put a big texas square bumper on the front, without lowering. A rim with more offset might help cure that, as long as the tire doesn't start rubbing the springs then.
Nate as of now everything I try to save goes to getting more tooling I may make my own I need 3d cad for some other things . what is the dimmemtion difference between the std steer axle and the driven ? maybe the wedico wheels aren't scaled right It's something I'm doing here and there when I get fustrated with the other stuff . just looked at Claus' they look like the offset is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
That will be something neat and different. You will be the #1 man in the #2 bitness! Will it really hold water and pump?
don't you know me yet it must

Old 08-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Green Horn

Default Re: Project : Petico (Pepe Le Pew )

Well i can't to see this truck suck.....err vacuum up stuff I happened to find this online and maybe it will help you get to the suckyness you need for your build

Here's the link:

http://www.mini-vac.com/techdata.html

You also know i hope with my wording i am only kidding i don't wont to hurt anyone's feelings.

Mike

Old 08-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well, the offset isn't bad. It might not be perfect, but the bigger problem is the powered front axle has hubs that stick way, way out. Almost like they need to run wheel wideners to get the wheel away from the chassis. So when the tires turn, they swing in an arc, more then turn at the knuckle. It's just one of those things that is annoying. For the money you pay, these should be perfect models. The standard non-driven axle is loads better. It's not as much of a problem. There the knuckles and scrub radius are almost right. It's the u-joints of the driven axle that must push the wheels so far out. Can't really make those to scale.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:54 PM

dang mike you know everything I'm using you must know a little about the sucky bizness

nate , I'd have to get 1 to see i'd hate too since I have no plan to use 1 yea the price is high for them . I'm not all that keen on the plastic stuff on them the head lights are way to big but to get a true scale modle in metal is going to be pricy

Old 08-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
dang mike you know everything I'm using you must know a little about the sucky bizness
Oops didn't know you was gonna use that one vac, but when i saw what it said about the water i was like well that would be a good choice i hope please let us know how it works.

Oh and as for the sucky biz i did at one time when i was younger and in better health worked for a hydroblasting company and i did run reg vacuum trucks and wet/dry vac trucks so yeah i suck

Mike

Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Green Horn

I was wondering if you have started work on this one yet?

Mike

Old 09-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road

I saw one of these vacuum trucks the other day. Operators obviously has a sense of humour, there was a sign on the back that said "caution: stool bus" made me laugh

My Peterbilt build thread:
Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm tryin Boss!

Stylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I saw one of these vacuum trucks the other day. Operators obviously has a sense of humour, there was a sign on the back that said "caution: stool bus" made me laugh
LMFAO.."stool bus"..Now that classic

One Bus Stop Short Of The Short Bus...
Old 09-07-2011, 11:52 AM

Nick LMFAO thats a good 1

Mike It's filler work on top of parts collecting/making time